Twenty First Century Communications is looking for a System Administrator that is proficient with Linux/UNIX. System administrator experienced with RHEL 4.x and later, Solaris 10 , and familiar with virtualization technology should apply. We’re searching for a person who can work on our UNIX systems in a production environment.
Twenty First Century Communications is a technology company that helps utilities, emergency management agencies and enterprise customers to quickly receive and send high volumes of information to the right people, at the right time, using any communication device.
Our utility heritage began 20 years ago with the idea of using automation to help utilities manage the heavy incoming call traffic during power outages. Today, our customers count on TFCC for a wide range of customer, employee and public communication solutions, from high-volume call answering and proactive customer communications to call center mutual assistance routing systems and event-driven public communications.
Responsible for the entire day-to-day administration of assigned platform, including troubleshooting and resolving problems as they arise; develop plans and processes designed to improve long-term capabilities of system; ensure platform or system is operating correctly at all times without over-utilizing resources and is recognizing connections with other applicable machines on the network; develop new tools and procedures aimed at making platform maintenance more effective and efficient, identifying processes that can be automated.
* Associate's degree in computer science, information systems, electrical engineering, computer engineer or a related field is required. A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, electrical engineering, computer engineer or a related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience in a similar position may be substituted for educational requirements.
* Minimum one year experience administering and maintaining an operating system is required. One year experience in call center operations or telecommunications preferred
* Advanced work in pursuit of a Bachelors degree (e.g., junior and senior year, etc.) in computer science, MIS, or a related field can be substituted for one year of system experience
* Knowledge of shell scripting (e.g., ksh, bash, tcl, perl) is preferred
* Suite of office software packages
* Based on assigned area, 1 year Dell hardware experience preferred
* Based on assigned area, 1 year BEA Weblogic experience preferred
* Based on assigned area, 1 year supporting and troubleshooting hardware to include IBM, RS6000, Sun, Intel and HP preferred
* Based on assigned area, experience in a large server environment (e.g., 500 - 1000+ machines)
* Ability to respond to incidents on a 24x7 basis
TFCC offers a strong base salary, a variety of benefits including comprehensive health and dental coverage, 401 (k) retirement plan, tuition assistance, paid holidays and paid time off. If you are interested in this position and meet the minimum requirements, apply online today!
Applications will be accepted through 04/0
West Corporation and its subsidiaries participate in E-Verify, a service of the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration.
Enterprise technology, by definition, faces the constant challenges of complexity and obsolescence. At West, we are dedicated to delivering...