King County’s Business Resource Center (BRC) is seeking an experienced IT Trainer to join our team. The candidate selected for this position will design, develop and deliver training materials and curriculum for PeopleSoft and Oracle EBS system courses and workshops. They will also work on new training development projects for system upgrades, adoption of new system functionality and for the implementation of the next generation of enterprise reporting solutions. About the BRC The mission of King County’s Business Resource Center is to advance the County’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Systems (Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft and Hyperion) while providing quality customer support to optimize user experience and value. We strive to be recognized as a trusted leader and partner committed to service excellence by providing strategic, innovative and reliable enterprise business applications and solutions. We are seeking employees that exhibit core values aligned with those of our Division below: Respect : We listen to and treat others with dignity, caring and fairness by sharing and valuing diversity of opinion and experience. Customer Service : We understand and pro-actively respond to customer requirements and priorities in a collaborative, transparent, and results-oriented manner. Collaboration : We work in partnership, both internally and externally with our customers, to achieve shared goals. Innovation: We encourage and practice forward thinking and creativity while focusing on continuous improvement and embracing new challenges.
Why Work for King County ? King County offers an outstanding benefits package including fully paid medical, dental and vision benefits (for the entire family), 12 paid holidays, competitive paid vacation and sick leave, life insurance, free transportation passes, access to the building gym, participation in the State’s Public Employees Retirement Plan (PERS) and much more. Please see the Benefits tab in this recruitment or visit our website to learn about King County’s commitment to employee’s health and well-being: http://www.kingcounty.gov/employees/ .
Additional to note: There is no local or state income tax in Washington State. Required Materials : King County Application, Resume (submitted with application) and responses to the supplemental questions.
For questions about this recruitment contact : Margie Viall at 206-263-1060 or email@example.com
Experience, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills:
- Design, develop and deliver training curriculum, materials, and courses/workshops to prepare users to efficiently perform business processes using the PeopleSoft and Oracle EBS finance system and ERP reporting tools. Design and deliver new instructional training programs to support implementation of new functionality, systems or to support system upgrades.
- P artner with Business Owners to continually improve training to support standard efficient business processes. Interview stakeholders and agency system users for training requirements and coordinate with agencies that have specific training needs.
- Prepare and facilitate on-line training for county employees. Develop and publish online self-service training documents (e.g., user guides, FAQs, job aids) and online training courses for BRC systems.
- Provide face-to-face user training in different venues and formats (i.e. classroom training, workshops, demonstrations, “Lunch and Learn” and labs).
- Use a variety of tools to produce materials for training (Camtasia, User Productivity Kit (UPK), Moodle, Vimeo, etc.). Learn and adopt new tools and approaches over time as part of the continuous improvement of training offerings.
- M entor other trainers and contributors for consistent and professional training deliverables and training standards.
- Develop and distribute training related communications to inform end users of changes to processes that would impact system usage.
- G ather feedback and conduct on-going evaluations of training program effectiveness, monitor results and use the information by creating and administering metrics designed to evaluate the effectiveness of delivered training and implement improvements.
- Support course enrollment and registration processes. Create and maintain documentation.
Required : · 3 or more years of experience planning, developing and implementing training programs which included engagement of stakeholders to gather requirements · Experience designing new training courses and delivering training associated with ERP and Business System implementations, upgrades or major initiatives where users require system training in order to be able to do their jobs · Experience conducting classroom training · Experience creating and deploying online classes and associated self-service training materials such as user guides and job aids · Effective leadership and interpersonal skills that demonstrate an ability to work productively with staff, management, and internal and external clients · Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present concise and articulate analysis and document business processes and writing systems documentation.
Desired : · Expertise using one or more of the following tools to create training: User Productivity Kits (UPKs), Camtasia, Moodle or Vimeo · Experience developing and conducting training for an ERP system implementation or upgrade project (preferably with PeopleSoft, Oracle EBS and/or Hyperion) · Experience working in a governmental agency
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must show experience and qualifications that meet at least the minimum requirements in their King County application and/or attached resume.
Work Schedule & Location : This position is full time, non-exempt according to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act and is overtime-eligible. The employee will normally work a 40-hour workweek; 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday at the King County Chinook Building in downtown Seattle and may be required to work extended work hours to respond to service needs.
Union Membership : This position is represented by the Professional and Technical Employees, Local 17-Information Technology bargaining unit.
Recruitment Process : The most competitive applicants will be invited to an in-person interview. A final offer of employment and hire will be contingent on successfully completing a criminal background check and reference check.
King County provides regional services to over 1.9 million residents including more than 340,000 people living in unincorporated areas....