Interviews begin 3/1/13
If you have relevant experience (Telecom, data networks, equipment..) the client may choose to train you on the devices mentioned below at its DISCRETION.
Local residents preferred. No relocation or interview expense reimbursements for any out of state candidates.
US Citizens or Permanent residents only.
No Recruiters or Third Party Vendors.
DSLAM Test and Turn Up Technician / Network Operations Technician
Telecom Client with operations in Denver seeks qualified DSLAM Test and Turn Up staff that is responsible for reviewing all orders in the queue. The engineer schedules test date with Field Operations or contractors of the client company, provisions management of all new equipment, Tests new circuits to DSLAMS and aggregators, provisions initial configurations on various DSLAM equipment type ( e.g. Adtran and Calix).
The engineer must have knowledge of ATM, Ethernet, VLANs, and IP Networking.
- Performs implementation reviews and configures equipment in IP/Ethernet space. - Works with both technicians and engineers to test and turn-up network devices.
- Identifies and repairs faulty network configuration issues.
- Past experience with Ethernet and IP data networks.
- Understanding of DSL technology.
- Hands on experience with building VLANs and ability to grasp IP/Ethernet concepts.
- Operations are daytime but there is potential for this work to include shifts in the future. Person must have experience with the following equipment:
- Adtran TA5000, TA3000, TAl200
- Calix C7, E7
Compensation: W2 wages, Health plan, Dental, Vision, paid time off and other benefits.