Reports To: Director, Global Online Marketing Solutions
The Business Analyst (BA) serves as a senior-level liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in understanding IT organization’s systems and capabilities. Leads projects from initial technology requirements, information architecture and business justification, through delivering projects on time, within budget and meeting strategic business requirements. Acts as the point of contact for the business to manage application initiatives, Web initiatives, support, break fixes and projects within the business area. The BA needs to have a broad understanding of technical as well as business acumen and strategic thinking that facilitates various approaches to identify and deliver the ideal solution. The BA works collaboratively with a broad array of stakeholders and developers to provide direction in both the technical and strategic arenas. Similarly, they are involved heavily during the Quality Analysis phase as well. The BA plays a key role in gathering and documenting business, user and system requirements as well as analytics for online initiatives.
The BA must have in-depth familiarity with the requirements gathering, prototyping, business analysis, project coordination and information architecture all while implementing the best practices of said areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work with non-technical business users to document detailed business requirements.
• Identify gaps between the current system capabilities and the business requirements as well as determine if enhancements to the applicable system(s) and interfaces to other applications are necessary, designs solutions to fill those gaps and works with technical leads to build solutions for those requirements.
• Translate high level business requirements into functional specifications for IT and manages changes to them.
• Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology.
• Estimate work effort and create business case for specific enhancements.
• Develop low and high fidelity wireframes for stakeholders for signoff.
• Identify and drive improvements for IT applications and/or Web initiatives.
• Educate the IT organization on the direction of the business.
• Serve as the voice of the stakeholders to development team.
• Facilitate and coordinate development cycles with development team members.
• Train staff on Content Management System (CMS) as needed.
• Provide strategic direction for online initiatives to Senior Management.
• Develop information architecture (User interface) for online initiatives and systems.
• Facilitate stakeholder interviews to gather requirements.
• Strong client facing presentation skills are a must.
• Possess a high level of diplomacy and integrity.
• Manage requests for assigned business area, gathers detailed business requirements and turns requirements into functional specifications for application and/or website enhancements and new projects.
• Identify and implement correct methodology for application and /or online initiatives and systems.
• Strong experience with development best practices, design patterns and common frameworks.
• Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes and methodologies and involvement in the complete product development life cycle.
• Flexibility is vital for the successful candidate.
• Perform project management activities on assigned projects as needed.
• Manage multiple tasks and priorities as well as expectations.
• Develop ad hoc analytics reports through Google Analytics.
• Participate in the QA review of online initiatives and systems.
• Possess an understanding of technological trends and have the ability to use this knowledge to bring solutions to business units to enhance the enterprise’s competitive edge.
• Negotiate agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation.
• Analyze business operations to understand strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities.
Budget/Revenue Responsibility: None
Direct Subordinates: 0
Indirect Subordinates: 0
COMPETENCIES & SKILLS
Education: B.A./B.S in related field.
• 10+ years experience in software development with strong customer focus and requirements-driven design and development
• 10+ years experience managing full life cycle of complex IT related projects
• 8-10 years in User Centered Design (UCD)
• 10+ years in Business Analysis
• 10+ in Information Architecture
• 8-10 years in Project Coordination/Management
• 8-10 years experience in business strategy and methodology related to assigned business area
• User Center Design (UCD)
• Information Architecture
• Axure or other prototyping tool (wireframe tool)
• Sitecore (content management system)
• MS Office
• Google Analytics
The following skills are optional but helpful:
• Hybris (e-commerce platform) – understanding of content management systems is essential in general
• Adobe CQ (content management system) – understanding of content management systems in general is essential
Disclaimer: This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
Carestream Health - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...