EnerNOC, a leading provider of demand response and energy efficiency solutions, has an immediate need for a Big Data Software Engineer to join our world-class Engineering organization. We are building EnerNOC's next generation data services and analytics platform, and we need exceptional people to help us do it! A Big Data Engineer on the Data Platform team is ideally a strong generalist with experience using NoSQL solutions. If you love solving scalability puzzles, working with large data sets and have the drive necessary to optimize performance of high-visibility smart grid systems, then this is the position for you!
• Work with the platform team to identify, evaluate and implement NoSQL storage solutions
• Design strategies for storing structured and unstructured data
• Write code in a variety of languages
• Assist in architecting software components
• Author and maintain technical specifications
• Love designing blazingly fast systems
• B.S. or M.S. degree or experience in a related field
• Deep Knowledge of Current NoSQL systems (HBase, Hadoop, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc…)
• Experience working with large data sets
• Big Data concepts such as map reduce
• Ability to work from our Boston office
• Knowledge of OO programming languages such as: Python, Ruby, Java, C/C++…
• Machine learning
• Data analytics or Data visualization
• AMQP or queuing systems
• Publish / Subscribe (pub/sub) messaging
• Experience building high-performance distributed applications
Working Toward a Clean Energy Future!
Charting the future of energy takes a different kind of corporation. EnerNOC is one of the leading...