Job Description: The position described below is a job profile that is generally representative of current or future openings at Intel. By clicking the 'Apply Now' button above, you are not applying for an open position. Instead you will be answering a series of questions that will enable Intel Recruiters to more effectively match you to current and future job openings. This process will take approximately 5 minutes.
Help make Intel a world class software company. Our software engineers conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software. Determines computer user needs and advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems. Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur. Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment and formal software process.
Develop platform BIOS, reference code and related documentation for Intel silicon products such as next generation chipsets and processors. Responsible for authoring BIOS specifications, creating chipset reference code and developing / supporting platform BIOS for Intel's CPUs and chipsets. Work closely with Intel silicon design teams and be responsible for all software and BIOS related issues during the planning, development, and validation stages of the program. A successful candidate should also be interested in hands-on software and hardware debug and enjoy working in a fast paced/demanding lab based environment. This job requires a team player with good organizational/planning skills, good oral/written communication skills, and proven past successes in completing large software projects.
Seeking candidates for a number of positions with a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering and experience in the development of embedded firmware, device drivers and/or BIOS. Candidates with good experience in BIOS core development with solid knowledge of Intel architecture are of particular interest.
Some combination of the following additional qualifications desired:
- Familiarity with X86 and/or ARC processor micro architecture
- Familiarity with Intel PCH internal circuitry, block level components, use/design of firmware tools, and debug environments for Intel chipset components.
- Linux experience
- Expertise in C/ C++/Assembly programming.
- Working knowledge of scripting languages: Perl*, Python*, Bash Shell*, Make.
- Low level debugging experience using ITP
- Experience working with Intel CPUs, memory controllers, IO Hubs
- Knowledge of bus protocols such as CPU, QPI, Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI), PCI-Express* and DDR memory.
- Experience with development of embedded system boot firmware, BIOS. EFI/UEFI, boot-loaders, board support configuration and power interfact (ACPI)
- Experience developing firmware for diagnostics of PC hardware components
- Experience and competence in lab environment, using tools such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and in-system debug tools.
- Knowledge of cross-development environments and source code control for embedded software development
- In depth technical and/or development experience with Intel AMT is highly desirable.
- Ability to demonstrate disciplined approach in engineering design and implementation as well as documentation and communication skills
- Project management experience as a project manager of embedded/firmware/device driver/ BIOS projects (1 position only at this time; all other positions do not require this skill to this degree).
Positions available across a wide range of experience-levels from the college graduate to the highly skilled professional well into their career as a software engineer. Most commonly these positions are located in Arizona (Chandler), Oregon (Hillsboro) or California (Santa Clara or Folsom) so a desire to work in one of these locations is necessary. These positions are not for remote workers.
USA-California, Santa Clara, USA-California, Sacramento, USA-Oregon, Hillsboro
Oct 21, 2012
Oct 22, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion