Mechanical Project Manager-Commercial HVAC and Plumbing
About the Job
Well established and respected full service Mechanical, HVAC/Piping/Plumbing contracting firm located in New Hampshire looking for a seasoned Mechanical Project Manager to handle commercial projects from inception to closeout. Computer skills for estimating and scheduling, negotiating abilities and experience working successfully with clients is necessary. Projects include all facets of HVAC/Piping/Plumbing for commercial facilities, primarily institutional projects including schools, prisons, hospitals and other State and Federal projects. Projects range 1 Mil to 7.5 Mil.
The ideal candidate will have at least 7 years experience working as a Commercial Mechanical Project Manager and will possess strong relationship building skills and a high level of technical competency.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Manages and supervises all phases of assigned projects
- Establish and Manage procedures to verify quality of work and conformance to contract documents and applicable codes.
- Review of equipment and shop drawing submittals.
- Estimate and negotiate Change orders.
- Manage project field labor to ensure conformance with established project schedules and budget.
- Buyout of subcontracts.
The Project Manager is supported by a Project Administrator who manages document control, including logging, tracking, submitting and expediting RFIs, CORs, submittals, equipment and material procurement and assistance in PO and subcontract writing. Project Administrator also assists in assembling closeout documents and the preparation of O&M Manuals.
- Solid Communication both verbal and written.
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining project schedules and cost controls.
- Experience in cost estimation and negotiating.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to lead productive, multi-discipline meetings.
- Solid, proven and verifiable record of career stability and project management success a must.
- Solid experience in Mechanical systems: Piping, HVAC, Plumbing, Duct fabrication and installation including HVAC and Plumbing Equipment
- B.S. Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering, will consider A.S . degree with equivalent experience.
- Has been a Project Manager in Division 15 for at least 5 years
- Estimation, Microsoft Project or Primavera a plus.
Tremendous opportunity to help us take KPMB and your career to the next level.
Outstanding compensation, bonus and benefits program. Relocation assistance available for the right candidate.
Competitive Salary Commensurate with Experience