Application Review Date
The First Review Date for this job is: February 2, 2013
This requisition will remain open until filled.
IT Database Services provides database administration for mission critical campus-wide
enterprise and department databases. Database administration involves planning and design, documentation, operational management and protection of campus data.
The Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) ensures consistency and recovery of campus data. Serves as a Campus resource for database administration, providing database consulting for core applications and departments and a recognized campus expert on database administration.
This is a one year contract position with possibility of extension.
• Proactively manages over 60 campus-wide, mission critical and departmental databases, including the enterprise data warehouse, Peoplesoft HRMS and Financial databases. Conducting highly complex database support activities.
• Provide database management consulting on guidelines and best practices for optimum database performance and security to campus developers.
• Develop, implement, document and test complex high availability and backup & recovery strategies for all database platforms. Ensure that campus-wide and departmental databases can be restored at an alternate location in a disaster.
• Develop and maintain complex database level security in all database environments. Administers security policies to control access to campus-wide and departmental databases. Ensure proper authorization procedures are followed to protect campus data.
• Research, evaluate and make complex database design recommendations. Develop complex database strategies and project proposals through an expert understanding of technology trends within the industry.
• Proposes and implements highly complex database enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the centralized, mission critical and departmental databases.
• Minimum 3 years total experience as an Oracle DBA
• Experience supporting Oracle and Peoplesoft
• Experience supporting large enterprise with numerous diverse databases
• Understanding of the Linux operating system for troubleshooting, security and capacity planning for database services
• Must be able to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner across the organization and at varying levels
• Has knowledge, skills and abilities associated with complex problem identification and resolution
• Requires working knowledge of other areas of IT
• Experience supporting SQL Server, MySQL and PostgreSQL a plus
Salary & Benefits
Salary is commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for full benefits. For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: http://atyourservice.ucop.edu/forms_pubs/misc/benefits_of_belonging.pdf
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single attachment when applying.
Criminal Background Check
This position has been designated as sensitive and may require a Criminal Background Check. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of a Criminal Background Check.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California, Berkeley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
University of California Berkeley - 5 months ago