Contrax Furnishings is real people, offering real value and real solutions in the educational furnishings market nationwide. We excel through our customer's delight, superior project management, strategic supplier relationships and innovative, customized products, service and solutions. Our employees enjoy a casual work environment that's fun and rewarding.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provide high level of internal and external customer support for catalog sales/inquiries and managing all aspects of drop ship orders to include processing, freight, tracking, delivery, service and invoicing. Ensure proactive continuous communication with customers, to include feedback.
Customer Services Specialist
1. Receive incoming catalog inquiries and sales calls.
2. Receive and route incoming calls related to any other product, service, or account for transactional orders.
3. Assist Regional Sales Managers to ensure timely communication with customers as it relates to transactional orders.
1. Manage all drop ship order processing, tracking and invoicing, from purchase order through invoice.
2. Responsive and continuous communication with customers regarding planning, delivery, and service for all drop-shipments.
a. Work with Purchasing to determine drop ship orders to be handled by Project Managers.
b. Pro-actively communicate with customers regarding delivery dates, scheduling and changes.
c. Keep current in the ERM database with all acknowledgements and estimated delivery dates.
3. Pursue a high touch, customer intimate posture towards each customer receiving expedited deliveries.
4.Actively follow the production schedules and delivery dates for shipments of transactional orders.
5.Engage in continuous communication with factories regarding expediting.
a.Ensure estimated delivery dates are current. Ensure customer communication with accurate delivery dates.
6.Actively work with Operations management to remove obstacles and apply pressure as needed with vendors.
7.Planning, scheduling and oversight of all freight and delivery functions and costs associated with drop-shipments.
a.Schedule freight for all assigned projects and engage in continuous communication and expediting with freight companies and carriers.
b.Work with Contrax Logistics Manager to manage freight costs and delivery schedules.
8.Weekly attention to company Unposted Invoice Report.
a.Immediate communication of proof of delivery to invoicing department for all expeditor drop-ship orders to ensure timely billing process.
9.Work with National Service Manager to ensure service and punch items are identified, reported and completed in a timely manner while providing the customer continuous updates.
- High School diploma or its equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years experience in Sales Support/Customer Service required. Experience with freight/logistics preferred.
- Strong customer service skills, ability to respond to internal and external customers regularly and professionally.
- Good time management skills, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good written and oral communication skills, ability to present information to customers as well as senior leaders