The Health Unit Coordinator is an essential part of the inpatient care team. They work in a fast paced and exciting environment where they experience the daily routine of the clinical and medical teams as they provide care to patients. Their role is to ensure the smooth operation of the unit they support by keeping records maintained and organized, submitting physician orders for lab work, medications and testing and compiling patient records. The Health Unit Coordinator acts as the receptionist to their area by greeting and assisting visitors, answering and directing phone calls, answering patient call lights and notifying nursing team of patient needs. Their organizational and customer service skills help set a positive tone to the work environment and impact the lives of those they serve.
Entry Rate : $10.62/hour
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: Part time day shift; variable hours/shifts, 24 hours a week; weekends, and holidays required. Scheduled hours may vary depending on department needs
Department: Emergency Department
- Excellent public relations skills and previous public contact/customer service experience
- Must be able to work effectively under periods of high stress
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking
- One or more years previous Health Unit Coordinator experience in a hospital setting
- One or more years previous experience as a Secretary in a hospital
- Six or more months experience using electronic medical records and word processing
- Basic understanding of medical terminology
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Intermountain Healthcare is an internationally recognized system of 22 hospitals and a full range of medical services, multi-specialty...