JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for providing leadership of the production department.
JOB DUTIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Leadership of the production department in the plant. This includes all production and tracking all the numbers (squares per hours, trim per hour, etc.)
- Manage the manufacturing, loading and quality of product assuring on time delivery. Insure compliance of customer's specific product requirements.
- Quality Control. You must maintain the excellence in quality of our products that we have come to expect. This includes leading our RMA program within the department, set up and monitoring of quality control procedures.
- Customer Service. Must maintain contact with our customers. All leaders in the department must be involved in our annual customer surveys, visit customers every year to monitor our performance, and follow up with customer and respond to areas of concern and / or areas for improvement.
- Safety Leadership. Production must be operated in a safe manner. Measurements of our safety performance must be maintained.
- Personnel Development. Must continually develop the skills and leadership qualities of the individuals within the department. This includes the annual reviews of employees, as well as training and cross training of all personnel within the departments.
- Monitor all production costs.
- Insure the plant operates with the Central States Mission and Values.
- Coordinate all functions within the plant and provide guidance and leadership to the operations team.
- Conduct interviews for plant positions.
- Must be flexible to work any shift.
- This position will be responsible for the supervision of 1-15 employees
- Responsibilities include interviewing, training employees, planning daily workload, appraising performance, participation in the employee disciplinary process as needed, addressing complaints, resolving problems and customer relations.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Two-year degree and a minimum of two years experience in a leadership role preferred or equivalent.
- Effective written and verbal skills.
- Demonstrated support of company goals, values and mission statement.
- Ability to read a tape measure, do basic mathematical calculations and use a calculator.
- Ability to learn production operations.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift 75 pounds.
- Ability to twist, bend and reach to perform job duties.
- Ability to work while being exposed to outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat.
- Follow procedures and utilize appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Be detailed and customer oriented.
- Ability to learn internal Enterprise Resource Planning System.
Central States Manufacturing, Inc. - 14 months ago
Central States Manufacturing, Inc. manufactures and delivers high quality metal building components to post frame, commercial, and...