currently enrolled in a professional pharmacy program
, under the supervision of a registered pharmacist, provide prescription product, appropriate service, including clinical, and consultation to every customer and interact with other health care professionals in compliance with federal and state laws as well as pharmacy policies and procedures.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Must perform all duties under the supervision of a registered pharmacist or designated pharmacist preceptor:
- Takes all steps required to fill prescriptions in compliance with all laws, regulations, and company policies and procedures regarding the sale of pharmaceuticals
- Assists with and responds in a courteous and professional manner to questions from customers and health care professionals in regards to knowledge of prescriptions, drug therapy, and health related products and issues
- Offers advice and patient consultation in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations and efficiently handles customer complaints
- Communicates and cooperates in a respectful manner with peers, subordinates, managers, physicians, and customers in all pharmacy related areas with courtesy, dignity and respect
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in an accredited school of pharmacy
- Must hold a valid state intern license if required by the state of employment
- Ability to readily and positively adapt to changes in schedule specifications, and work priorities as the business and customer needs demand
- Ability to cooperate with others and work as part of a team
Why Work for SUPERVALU:
Our pharmacies provide the opportunity for interns to gain “real life” pharmacy skills in an innovative environment that supports world-class patient care. Our success is the result of meaningful patient relationships, exceptional pharmacy teams and cutting-edge technology. We embrace proven, value-added business practices while exceeding our commitments to our patients, associates, communities and shareholders.
Supervalu - 13 months ago
After a disastrous flirtation with grocery retail, SUPERVALU is returning to its wholesale roots. While the purchase of more than 1,100...