ATK Security and Sporting
ATK Sporting Group is a leading technology developer and supplier of ammunition for law enforcement, military and sporting applications; a manufacturer of optics, reloading gear and sport shooting accessories; and a leading producer of tactical accessories. The company serves sport shooting enthusiasts, law enforcement professionals, military and tactical markets worldwide. It’s headquartered in Anoka, MN and employs approximately 4,300 people in 16 locations
- Position will entail production of a variety of machined parts, fixtures, prototypes and assemblies.
- Evaluate and solve production problems and contribute to improvement of the processes.
- Requires competency on CNC milling, and turning machines. Proficiency in the operation of manual equipment such as grinders, lathes, mills, and hand tools.
- Must program CNC machines by Gibbs and Cam works machining packages.
- Must be able to design a basic plastic injection mold using SolidWorks and/or Gibbs cam.
- Responsible for in-line quality control
- Must be able to work around firearms as outlined in the federal Gun Control Act
- Maintain a clean work area
- Must allow time studies and mold maker processes videotaping.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- May be required to direct work flow in the absence of Tool Room Coordinator
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings
Project Management –Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress via weekly status reports; Completes projects on time and budget.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Required to sit or stand and move about the facility and do so for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, crawl, twist and squat numerous times daily.
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry 0 to 85 lbs daily, must be able to lift between 85 to 100 lbs. 1-2 times each day. Occasional lifting of 100 lbs. required.
- Must be able to lift above shoulders 0 to 20 lbs. frequently, 20-50 lbs occasionally, and over 50 lbs infrequently.
- Required to use safety glasses as outlined in safety policy and appropriate PPE according to OSHA guidelines for specific job tasks
- CNC’s, Mills, hand tools, office equipment
- Combination of manufacturing and machine shop environment.
- May be required to attend industry related trade shows and/or formal training.
- Minimum of High School Diploma/ GED and 3 years experience in manufacturing tooling and injection mold making.
- Experience: 3 to 5 years of supervised tool making.
Start building your future today! Please go to www.atk.com/careers and search requisition CAE20122905-25109 (Tool & Die Maker 07) Please build a profile and apply online to the position.
We offer a highly competitive salary, comprehensive benefits including, medical and dental, 401k, PTO, tuition reimbursement, and much more. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
Equal Opportunity Employer
: less than 25%
: High School/GED
: Full Time
Years of Experience
: 3-5 Years
Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market:
Machinist, Manufacturing, Project Manager, QC, Quality, Technology
ATK - 22 months ago
Space is not the final frontier for Alliant Techsystems (ATK), as long as its aerospace/defense offerings are paving new paths. Through four...