Poppin's Lead Mechanical Engineer will oversee the technical development and performance of all product concepts originating from our New York Office; working closely with our team of product designers to provide creative and innovative solutions to manufacturing. The ideal candidate values and respects design intent, is motivated by the opportunity to apply creative solutions to any problem, is an expert at material sciences and manufacturing processes, and thrives at turning innovation into reality.
- Work day to day with the Product Design team to make concepts feasible for manufacture.
- Interface with our Shanghai sourcing headquarters to coordinate specifications to factories.
- Lead the technical aspects of product design, including the continued development of protocols for specification.
- Interface with interdisciplinary teams to manage schedules, deadlines, and presentations.
- Oversee the creation and expansion of an in-house prototype facility, utilizing traditional and rapid prototyping equipment.
Send info to
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering with strong mechanical aptitude.
- 5+ years exemplary experience within a product design environment
Expert in Solid Works, with ability to create complex surfacing and organic forms + FEA analysis.
- Experience in Pro/Engineer is a plus.
- Proficiency with Adobe CS (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) for the purpose of presenting visually.
- Superb knowledge of manufacturing processes including: Injection moldings, thermoplastics, sheet metal, die casting, extrusions, machining, and part design.
- Demonstrable experience with mechanisms, closures, kinetic assemblies and part dynamics.
- Ease of communicating ideas to international suppliers.
- Ability to qualitatively analyze problems and synthesize solutions, including breadboard testing and rapid prototyping, with excellent shop skills.
- Expert knowledge of specifying dimension tolerance materials and finish.
- Accurate design control through organized documentation and modification.
- Overtly healthy attitude toward making things possible.
Poppin - 22 months ago