Houston Baptist University seeks Adjunct Professors to join the Department of History with expertise in U.S. History and Western Civilization.
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established departmental and institutional guidelines.
- Provides timely, quality access to students via electronic communication and other appropriate methods.
- Evaluates students by established means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and to inform them in a timely manner of their progress.
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community.
- Submits paperwork and forms in a timely fashion.
- Department chair will evaluate adjunct faculty upon completion of course.
- In addition, adjunct faculty members are required to be available to students outside of the classroom
Applicants should have a minimum of a master’s degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in History, be able to teach lower division History survey courses, and demonstrate expertise in appropriate and current instructional pedagogy. Applicants should also demonstrate enthusiasm for our classical liberal arts core curriculum.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
Houston Baptist University is an independent, private Christian liberal arts institution with a diverse student body. It has access to all the cultural advantages of one of the largest metropolitan centers in the country. For more information about the University and the College of Arts and Humanities, visit www.hbu.edu .
Direct questions about this position to Dr. Ron Rexilius at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Houston Baptist University - 9 months ago