Direct Energy generates electricity and produces natural gas, as well as selling commodity and servicing the energy needs of homes and businesses in 46 U.S. states plus the District of Columbia and 10 Canadian provinces. We also help our customers save on their energy bills through energy efficiency. Located in over 50 locations, our team of 6,000 employees serve over 6 million residential and commercial customer relationships.
Direct Energy is a subsidiary of Centrica plc (LSE: CNA), one of the world's leading integrated energy companies with over 20 million customers and 34,000 employees worldwide. We are committed to being the most recommended energy and services provider. Direct Energy was honored with an award for Best Multinational Company in North America, at the 2007 International Business Awards (IBA) in Germany.
Direct Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA/F/M/D/V.
The Inbound Sales Agent role requires the ability to make real connections with potential customers by providing an exceptional buying experience. This agent will keep callers excited and offer additional products that complement their current services. Direct Energy is seeking passionate, outgoing individuals with a desire to provide excellent customer service. This is an opportunity to work in an enthusiastic environment surrounded by customer engagement. 90% of your job duties will consist of handling inbound phone calls offering our customers tailored solutions to meet their needs. We are looking for skilled Inside Sale Agent who is passionate about sharing in our success!
- Responsible for answering a high volume of incoming calls.
- Sell products and services on inbound customer/prospect inquiry calls. About 99% of incoming calls will require up-sales and/or cross selling of additional products and services.
- Quickly and accurately answer product questions with full knowledge of features and benefits of products and services.
- Proactively stays informed of program changes.
- Maintain a positive tone and demeanor throughout applicant's enrollment call while building genuine rapport with customers.
- Close call by using consultative selling skills, overcoming objections and offering further assistance and expressing appreciation to customer
- Transfer/route existing customers to the proper department in a professional manner.
- Be punctual for shifts and meet scheduled adherence.
- Maintain a high quality monitoring score.
- Consistently meets established program requirements.
- Accurately inputs, retrieves and accesses information regarding a customer or prospect from a computer system.
- Attends and actively participates in all required training programs.
- Quickly adapt any scripting or business rule changes that may occur on an ongoing basis
- Follow appropriate procedures for finalizing sale (e.g., disclosures, notification of all rates and fees, permission to submit application, etc.)
- During downtime/ slow periods, may be required to make outbound calls using provided scripts
- Complete any assigned miscellaneous and/or specialized duties and tasks required to ensure on-going customer satisfaction and achievement of center performance goals.
The Inbound Sales agent will handle Direct Energy customer enrollment calls from several states across the United States as well as Canada. The position will be accountable to deliver on a sales quota each month. From time to time the position will also require making outbound telemarketing calls to customers and prospects.
Direct Reports: N/A
Indirect Reports: N/A
Internal Contacts: Supervisors, Managers, Quality Agents, Trainers, Training Manager, Site Director, Regional Directors & Managers.
External Contacts: Customers
Skills & Qualifications:
- Willingness to learn and take direction.
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Effectively translates complex information into common terms. • Minimum of 1 year of previous sales experience required.
- Inside sales service experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a call center.
- Type 30 WPM, and ability to navigate through several internet based applications.
- Detail Orientated, Friendly, Courteous, Outgoing, and able to Multitask.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of customers.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED, some college preferred.
Centrica is centered on integrated energy operations in the UK and North America through four major brands -- British Gas, Centrica Energy,...