Responsible for selling new insurance business and renewing accounts in keeping with agency and individual goals. Provides service in support of sales duties and builds relationships with clients. Identifies and solicits sales prospects from various sources/referrals. Carries the Agency’s reputation and professional manner of conducting business into dealings with clients, agency personnel and companies represented.
1. Builds and maintains a strong sales pipeline through a variety of sources including an organized Agency direct solicitation program, cold calls, referrals, target marketing leads, community events, affiliations, and other contacts.
2. Creates, coordinates, and professionally delivers insurance proposals to new and existing clients.
3. Manages the retention of existing business and proactively cross sells appropriate insurance products to round out accounts and increase agency profitability.
4. Responsible for completing insurance applications and interacting with insurance underwriters to market and place business.
5. Negotiates the sale with clients and collects necessary deposits or payments. Arranges for binders, certificates and other necessary policy documentation.
6. Establishes payment arrangements with clients for each new/renewal commercial account according to Agency guidelines. Collects premiums as required. Establishes a servicing procedure when necessary for designated accounts.
7. Records all activities in the Agency management system for record keeping purposes.
Required Education or Equivalent Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related preferred
• Required license(s) or certifications Licensable in all lines of insurance required
• 3 years of property & casualty insurance product sales
Administrative/Technical Skills/ Other Information
• Good working knowledge of all lines of insurance
• Good working knowledge of industry and regulations
• Strong interpersonal, sales, and negotiation skills
• Strong PC skills helpful
What is now Bank of the West has expanded over 130 years from the California frontier to its current position. The bank now serves nearly 4...