This service provides for a dedicated on-site Technical Account Manager “TAM” who will serve as an on-site resource for the United States Government. The TAM will be the customer's primary point of contact for delivering support and coordination operational related activities of all Dell Commercial Services. TAM Overview: Ensure a positive customer experience by providing oversight and management for customer support planning and technical issues. Develop resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity. Assists the Sales team in pre-sales support questions, ensuring we match the right level of service with the solutions being sold. Uses judgment within broadly defined policies and procedures. Uses independent judgment to accomplish objectives. Coordinates the work of other employees. Leads a project team, cross functional and regional in nature.
Account Management/Customer Advocate:
- Perform diagnostic and hardware repair service as required.
- Manage the dispatch , delivery, and return of parts.
- During an outage or failure, helps to identify and leverage Dell and partner resources in order to satisfy the technical needs and objectives of the customers implementation
- Follow up on all service calls to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Download, burn to CD/DVD, virus-scan, and deliver software updates (Application, Firmware, BIOS, Driver, and Diagnostics) the customer.
- Perform trend analysis of historical issues
- Supports customer and account team on technical piece of the business
- Presents and explains support deliverables to internal and external customers at various levels to include customer executives.
- Manages customer expectations with respect to support agreements and project plans.
- Identify and communicate to the customer their current system warranty entitlements.
- Travels to customer locations as needed.
- During an outage or failure, ensures appropriate technical resources and services are in place to solve customer problems; notifies sales team of critical technical issues impacting the customer.
- Single point of warranty support that provides customer account management on a 24x7x365 basis, including resource coordination, customer management, dispute and technical resolution management, and communications at various levels during warranty services engagements.
- Works closely with account teams to ensure end-to-end planning and sustainment of Dell solutions.
- Helps account team to design the customer solutions and supports the installation, customization, and integration of the solution.
- Helps account team to analyze customers’ existing infrastructure and recommend solutions to resolve pain-points that the customer may have with their existing infrastructure.
- Explains where enterprise products and services fit into customer's IT structure.
- Provide feedback to customer on any observed/known issues.
- Develop and maintain custom customer support plans and relationships that are tailored to each individual projects unique requirements.
- Refers customer to sales team when getting quotes to extend or renew system maintenance contracts. Coordinates with ISR and APOS AE when account team is unavailable.
- Uses Dell and customer information to account for customer assets
- Contributes to the development of warranty and maintenance strategies, policies and best practices through participation in management meetings and other direct contributions.
Dell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Have technical knowledge of Dell Enterprise, Dell Client, Dell Storage, Dell Services, and partner software, services and peripherals.
- Proficiency in hardware, software and/or operating systems environments: Unix, Linux or Windows experience / knowledge plus TCP/IP networking experience preferred
- Ability to modify diagnostic tools to perform in customer environment
- Advisory leadership skills and abilities.
- Displays a strong customer mindset, advocating for the customer
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work independently
- Strong technical aptitude
- Operates as a team player. Collaborates well cross-functionally.
- Is self-managing and takes ownership
- Invests the time to master new technologies/products as needed
- Strong project management skills with an in-depth understanding of system architecture and design.
- Recommended certifications: A+, Security +, MCITP/MCSE, VCP, RHSA, CCNA,
- Recommended technology experience: Enterprise Servers and Storage, Client Technologies, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NAS, DAS, SAS, SATA
- Familiarity with the following a plus but not required: Enterprise Management Tools, GPGPU Technology, Hadoop, Vertica, Greenplum, Citrix, Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud Technologies, HPC
To learn more about our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, visit:
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy Statement
Life at Dell
Learn about Dell culture, the interviewing process and benefits offered in your location:
Life at Dell
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...