The Patient Access Supervisor is responsible for the daily operations of all functions and serves as the liaison between the Service Center and the facility. The Patient Access Supervisor integrates the department’s services with the hospital’s primary functions, develops/implements policies and procedures that guide or support service, assesses and improves department performance, and ensures orientation and continuing education of departmental staff. As the leader, this person may recommend resources/space needed by the department and may participate in the selection of outside services. They serve as a key promoter of the Service Center, which strives to meet and exceed the needs of its customers.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Staff and order supplies according to budget guidelines and department needs
• Assist with the processing of payroll for his/her direct reports by maintaining employee edit requests, PTO requests, etc.
• Maintain accurate attendance records for employees
• Maintain QA statistics (including patient wait times, etc.) and report results to the Director
• Assist with or performs employee evaluations with input from Director
• Directly oversee the daily activities of the registration areas to ensure department standards are met
• Continually educate all registration staff of any changes pertinent to their roles
• When appropriate, relieve staff members during employee sick/vacation time
• Secure all signatures necessary for treatments, release of medical information, assignment of insurance benefits and payment of services from legally responsible patients
• Work closely and professionally with nursing and ancillary departments in an effort to maintain a teamwork approach
• Review daily pre-service log to ensure accounts have been activated
• Excel in all functions performed by patient representatives
• Update collection system and requests rebill when appropriate
• Collect/request deposits and copays
• Assume on-call responsibilities to ensure adequate staffing and problem-solving
• Register all patient types
• Schedule and assist with evaluation processes; helps resolve patient and employee concerns
• Assist Manager to ensure all personnel and department policies and procedures are followed
• Act in capacity of manager in his/her absence, and informs Manager of all issues upon his/her return
• Supervise and maintain effectiveness of patient flow
• Recommends sufficient number of qualified/competent staff.
• Determines staff qualifications and competence. Develops and maintains accurate initial and annual competency checklists, and initiates completion of initial and annual competency attestation forms.
• Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, quality of care of the services delivered.
• Attends in-service presentations, and complete mandatory education week including, but not limited to, infection control, patient safety, quality improvements, MSDS and OSHA Standards.
• Demonstrates knowledge of occurrence reporting system and utilizes system to report potential patient safety issues.
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and external parties
• Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• High school diploma or GED required. Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Patient Access experience
• Minimum 3 years supervisory experience
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
Celebrating 45 years of providing quality healthcare to Nashville, Middle Tennessee and the surrounding region, TriStar Centennial Medical...