Community Manager / Media Analyst
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Wanted: Journalist ready to unleash their inner social-media maven. Are you a seasoned reporter or editor interested in working for a successful, stable company? Love social media not just to push news but to cultivate a following? This is a great opportunity for someone willing to work a beat outside the newsroom. You’d run a Twitter account devoted to a serious global topic, looking for news every day, sometimes reporting and writing, and making connections online. The job involves developing deep knowledge of your beat and also doing some projects on other topics. You probably have a hard news background, rather than coming from features. You are great on deadline. You are digitally savvy. You might be a business reporter, have experience as a news editor or work in the editorial department. Outstanding news judgment is a must. Being a bit of a data geek would help. International news experience or interest in food and agriculture issues would be a plus. Though positioned in a corporate communications department, you’d be on a team of other journalists and work for someone who was an editor for 20 years with Knight Ridder, McClatchy, Scripps, etc.
• Gather news and manage online conversations.
• Manage and create share-worthy content. Primarily reporting, writing and editing but could also include simple photography, photo editing, slide shows, audio or video.
• Work with the company’s media/social media monitoring system.
• Research and analyze media/social media.
• Assist with other social-media channels, back up the lead media analyst in monitoring media and social media, and other duties as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Five or more years experience as a reporter, writer or editor or doing other relevant work.
• Knowledge of traditional media, social media in a business setting and online behavior.
• High level of urgency. Needs to know and let others know.
• Finds information fast. Able to make split-second decisions.
• Writes with speed, clarity and simplicity. Strong self-editor.
• Deft conversationalist: Can address nuanced, complex subjects in a concise, simple way. Confidently handles blunt questions and difficult conversations.
• Oriented to customer service: Likes to share, contribute, help others.
• Easily jumps from topic to topic and task to task.
• High level of curiosity: Loves to read and dig, constantly absorbs and retains useful detail, can imagine what to look for without it being immediately apparent
• Excellent analytical skills: Good at detecting patterns, identifying what’s relevant, distilling and interpreting information for others.
• Highly organized and detail-oriented.
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
• Experience using social media in a business setting, monitoring social media in a public relations or corporate setting, or managing social-media accounts/pages that focus on issues. Demonstrated success with user-generated content. Experience creating or directing multimedia content.
• Experience working in a large, complex, global organization.
• Ability to read and write in multiple languages.
• Basic understanding of Boolean searching.
• Basic understanding of search-engine optimization.
• Experience with simple photography, photo editing, photo galleries or slide shows.
• Experience with simple audio or video production.
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
Cargill - 23 months ago
Cargill is a unique place you can grow your career, your experience and your abilities. Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading...