Safeway Inc., a Fortune 100 Company, is one of the largest food and drug retailers in North America with 1,600+ stores. The Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S. and Canada.
Diversity is fundamental at Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. And a diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
Safeway’s Retail Services Department has an opening for a part-time Retail Services Specialist.
What you will be doing:
• Random store audits using a handheld scanning device.
• Downloading information from handheld scanning device into a corporate database for reporting purposes.
• Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
• Extensive travel and possible overnight stays.
What you have done before
• 1- 5 years retail experience.
What you need to have
• A high school diploma or its equivalent.
• Basic computer skills including Excel and Word proficiency.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize work assignments with excellent attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with high customer focus.
• Self motivated and work with minimum supervision, must be able to work independently.
• Reliable transportation.
• Successfully pass pre hire drug and criminal background screening.
• Ability to work all hours including evenings and on weekends.
What you can expect
• Competitive pay.
• Paid training
• Professional and career education programs.
• May qualify Medical, Vision and Dental Plans.
• Paid vacations and holidays.
• Corporate Brands Employee Discount.
• 401(k), retirement benefits and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
• Health and welfare benefits.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
For many Americans, "going to Safeway" is synonymous with "going to the grocery store." Safeway is one of North...