To develop and maintain the NW regional wound/ostomy outpatient program through directing and staffing regional chronic wound/ostomy clinics and working with regional Kaiser Permanente departments to establish and maintain collaborative, multidisciplinary, high quality systems of wound/ostomy care delivery.
• Develops, maintains, staffs regional wound/ostomy clinics.
• Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Clinical care of members in outpatient wound/ostomy clinics.
• Coordinating wound/ostomy nurse staffing of wound/ostomy clinics.
• Provides supervision and personnel management for outpatient wound/ostomy care team.
• Assures budget and performance targets are met.
• Orientation of new wound/ostomy clinic nurses.
• Working with Pharmacy Dept. regarding systems for dispensing take home wound care products to members.
• Working with HME Dept. re: dispensing of appropriate equipment for compression therapy, pressure relief, specialized wound care therapies, ostomy supplies.
• Working with clinic staff to ensure smooth operation of wound clinics: clinic administration, materials management, staff schedulers, receptionists, regional appointment system.
• Regional consultation and education:
• Provides consultation, education to physicians, nurses, pharmacists, other staff re: clinical care of chronic wound/ostomy patients.
• Works collaboratively with CWOCNs in Continuing Care Services, Kaiser Sunnyside and West Side Medical Center's to develop and maintain a consistent regional approach to wound/ostomy care; including but not limited to: topical treatment, compression therapy, referral to specialist physicians, appropriate use of home health and outpatient clinic resources for wound care.
• Consults and collaborates with Kaiser Permanente contracted home health and long term care agencies regarding wound care for Kaiser Permanente members.
• Works with home care nurses, Nurse Treatment Center nurses who rotate to wound clinics for wound care education.
• Regional wound/ostomy care standards:
• Develops and maintains regional wound care written resources and standards of care, including procedures, clinical practice resources, nursing staff competencies.
• Works with physician advisors for wound/ostomy care, Quality Management Department, health systems, nurse treatment centers to maintain regional quality wound care and appropriate resource utilization.
• Works with regional and national Kaiser Permanente departments/committees re: systems/issues that impact the delivery of wound and ostomy care. This may include but is not limited to:
• Home Medical Equipment Department: development and implementation of DME benefits related to wound and ostomy products and utilization management (e.g., support surfaces, compression therapies, ostomy products, new wound care technologies).
• Materials Management/Purchasing Departments: implementation of wound/ostomy supplies formulary, requests for exceptional use of nonformulary wound care supplies.
• Clinical Information Systems: EpicCare documentation and ordering systems related to wound/ostomy care.
• National Kaiser Permanente wound products Sourcing and Standards Team: represents Kaiser Permanente NW region in national decision making processes for wound/ostomy products.
• Communicates/implements national decisions in NW region.
• Performs other duties as requested.
• Regular travel to clinics regionwide required.
• This role is both clinical and management.
• Two (2) years of experience working as wound/ostomy/continence nurse.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing or health care related field.
• Licensed RN in Oregon and Washington. Requires Oregon or Washington license at time of hire. Licenses in both states are required within two (2) months of hire.
• Valid driver's license.
• Current Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
• Current WOCN Board certification: wound, ostomy, and continence nurse.
• Comprehensive knowledge of wound and ostomy care.
• Knowledge of nurse practice acts in Oregon and Washington.
• Knowledge of policy, procedure, and protocol development.
• Demonstrates customer-focused service skills.
• Strong prioritization/organization skills.
• Public speaking/presentation.
• Negotiation and team building.
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Good limited sharp instrument wound debridement skills.
• Two (2) years of clinical work experience in wound/ostomy care in home health and/or outpatient clinic setting preferred.
• Three (3) to four (4) years working as a wound, ostomy, continence nurse preferred.
• Work experience at Kaiser Permanente preferred.
• Master's degree in Nursing preferred.
• Working knowledge of:
• Kaiser Permanente and HMOs preferred.
• Collaborative practice models preferred.
• Home Health/Hospice regulations and JCAHO standards preferred.
• Working knowledge of continence care preferred.
• Development/implementation of quality and utilization monitors preferred.
• Knowledge of learning theory preferred.
• Basic knowledge of statistics and data analysis and research design and methodology preferred.
This position requires regular travel to clinics regionwide.
This role is both clinical and management including approximately (2) two days per week seeing patients.
$100,150 - $133,450
Kaiser Permanente - 2 years ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...