Carestream is looking for an Machine Designer who is highly creative, self-motivated, and possesses the ability to work on multiple projects. The Machine Designer will aid in the design and development of new and repair of existing converting machines. Exceptional communication, problem solving and interpersonal skills are an essential part of this role, as is having the ability to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team. The candidate should be self-motivated, highly engaged, and self-directed with a high level of responsibility and professionalism.
• Associates degree in Machine Design or similar program.
• 3 –5 years experience as a machine detailer/drafter
• Able to use Unigraphics Version NX5 including understanding of the following:
o NX sheet metal
o Assemblies Mating Conditions
o Use of Parts Families would be considered a plus
• Excellent drafting skills
• Basic Modeling skills and proficiency in 3D layout
• Understanding of basic machining processes
• Understanding of fabrication processes
o GD&T (ANSI Y14.5M-1994)
o Welding Technologies including use of proper symbols
• Able to multi-task with several projects at the same time
• Good communications skills
• Familiarity with Siemens PLM Team Center would be considered a plus, but not a requirement
• Work with Engineers to create detail drawings of machine designs using Unigraphics NX5 and Solidworks.
• Process drawing change requests per mark-ups
• Take field measurements and accurate information from machinery during production down times
• Strong organizational, time management and prioritizing skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. We are passionately committed to helping our customers do their jobs better, faster and more cost effectively. By applying our insights and experience, we create inventive, elegant solutions that offer a smarter way forward.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 150 countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. In addition to our innovative radiology products, Carestream also sells solutions for information management, non-destructive testing, molecular imaging, thin-film coating & nano materials.
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Carestream Health - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Carestream Health gets the picture. The company develops and sells imaging products to help dentists, doctors, and scientists take, process,...