Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. For every product it makes, OxyChem’s market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Planner with our Chemical Manufacturing Facility located in Hahnville, Louisiana.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products as our highest priority through accountability and participation to and in all HESS activities.
- Plan and set schedules for maintenance work for Oxy, A1, and outside contractors. Determine how and when the projects will be completed; define work scope, labor requirements and material. May modify or adjust schedules as required. Will backfill for maintenance supervisors as required (vacations, outages, etc.) and provide off hour support that includes taking care of any maintenance issues, material, or services that are required when maintenance is not normally scheduled to work.
- Procure equipment, material & services per plant specifications & procedures. Makes recommendations on equipment and material to purchase as well as recommendations on external resources (i.e. vendors).
- Coordinate & monitor fieldwork being performed by contractors. Direct work of the contract group and evaluate results. Evaluate contractor performance and make recommendations for contractor assignments.
- Assist engineers with plant projects, technical details & specifications. Make recommendations on projects such as timeline, labor requirements, work scope and material. In addition, advise the engineers on specifications, materials of construction, etc. Use the Management of Change Process to develop, document, and implement plant PSM changes.
- Have a complete understanding of the Routine Maintenance Process, what responsibilities are defined in this process, and its key measures.
- Insure compliance with all ISO requirements.
- Read and understand P&ID’s, Instrument loop drawings, Electrical drawings and control schematics, HES Guidelines, piping and equipment specifications.
- Create and maintain PM
's for equipment as needed. Maintain accurate and up to date PM documentation and schedules to comply with OxyChem and regulatory (PSM, SERC, etc.) requirements
Ability to use SAP, MS Office, and MS Project, and Ultrapipe as necessary.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Plant operations experience in a chemical plant environment required.
- Working knowledge of the routine I&E process, regulations and policies.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and good working knowledge of SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Physical requirements – Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Previous Electrical and Instrumentation experience required.
- Prior experience planning I&E maintenance preferred.
Occidental Petroleum - 13 months ago
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company — one of the largest...