Title : Development Coordinator
Office : Year Up Providence
Location: Providence, RI
Year Up Providence seeks an organized, process oriented, results driven individual who will support the activities of the Development Team. Reporting to the Director of Development, and working closely with the team, the Development Coordinator will play a critical role ensuring that the development office operates smoothly through leading data management and logistics support of all fundraising, communication, volunteer, and event activities.
The ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively on a number of projects, supporting all administrative office functions including research, scheduling, gift processing, acknowledgements, database maintenance, pipeline management, and event support. This person will have direct ownership of the integrity and accuracy of the CRM database.
This opportunity is a chance to support a growing development department as Year Up Providence serves twice as many young adults in Rhode Island. In keeping with Year Up’s values, the Development Coordinator will also connect with students as an advisor, group facilitator, and advocate.
Event and Communications Support
- Update donor database and pipelines in Saleforce.com and internal development team records in YUgene portal; support grants reporting
- Track all data to help cultivate, manage, and steward relationships with all donors and prospects including individual and institutional funders; record activities of Director of Development and department
- Ensure timely donor acknowledgement and gift processing; run and present development reports
- Liaise with operations and finance departments to support development operations
- Conduct and prepare institutional and individual donor research
- Track runs of show, event plans, and RSVPs
- Coordinate event logistics including vendor management, scheduling, and troubleshooting
- Assist with the preparation of high-quality donor correspondence, proposals, grants, reports, mailings, and acknowledgements required to support ongoing fundraising activities
- Provide direct support of communications activities, including support with website and photo management
- Provide exceptional administrative support of development team functions
Team/ Learning Community Member
- Manage volunteer pipeline, scheduling, reception, and acknowledgement of guests with support of the team
- Maintain database of volunteer opportunities, specifically mentors and guest speakers, tracking all activities within Salesforce.com and cataloguing bios
- Create materials and communication for volunteers including trainings and newsletters
- Collaborate with other departments to support volunteer events and engage in volunteer activities
- Recruit and support department interns
- Assist Development Team in other development work that will help meet department goals and benchmarks
- Serve as an advisor for a small number of current students
- Participate in and sometimes facilitate weekly group sessions with students and team
- Participate in team meetings and trainings
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- At least 1- 3 years of experience in development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- A professional and resourceful style with the ability to work independently and as a team player, to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at one time
- An unwavering attention to detail and aptitude for information management required
- Flexibility, creativity and willingness to learn and work on different tasks as needed
- Excellent organizational and written skills
- Exceptional customer service skills with excellent follow up and follow through
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com and Constant Contact preferred
- Experience with InDesign and Photoshop a plus
- A passion for working with urban young adults, an unshakable belief in their potential and a strong commitment to the mission of Year Up
- Understanding of the Opportunity Divide and its drivers
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
Year Up is an award-winning national 501(c)3 organization striving to close the Opportunity Divide by providing urban young adults with the skills, experience and support that will empower them to reach their potential through professional careers and higher education. Through a one-year intensive training program, Year Up provides urban young adults ages 18-24 with a unique combination of hands-on technical and professional skills, college credit, and corporate internships.
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience
- Competitive benefits package including 100% healthcare coverage, dental, and 401(k) match
- Three weeks paid vacation in first year of employment; four weeks after initial year with organization
- Professional development funds to aid employees in achieving career objectives
- The opportunity to be an integral member of an energetic, innovative, hard-working and rapidly growing team, within an organization that is committed to closing the Opportunity Divide in our country
With an annual operating budget of over $50 million, Year Up will serve over 1,700 students in 2013 across ten sites nationwide: Atlanta, Boston, Bay Area (San Francisco), New York, Providence, Puget Sound (Seattle), National Capital Region (Washington DC) and Chicago, with Year Up Professional Training Corps (PTC) sites located in Miami and Baltimore.
Voted one of the Best NonProfits to Work For in the country by the NonProfit Times, Year Up is a rewarding place to work. Our staff is passionate, supportive, mission-driven, and committed to positive change and continuous learning. We set high standards for both ourselves and our students, and live by a set of core values that reflect an unshakable belief in the talent and full potential of our young people. The work we do is life-changing, and we know that our team is the greatest asset in achieving our mission.
Please visit http://www.yearup.org/careers to learn more about working at Year Up, and to see a list of current opportunities.
Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume through our website:
Please note, applications without cover letters will not be considered . No phone calls or emails please.
Year Up - 15 months ago