Dell Inc. is a worldwide provider of information technology solutions to a broad range of clients. We are currently looking for a Program/Project Management Consultant to join our leveraged Program Management team.
This Program/Project Management Consultant will oversee client engagements as well as lead Program/Project Management engagements with other teams. This is a senior level position that requires direct interaction with executive-level client sponsors. Responsible for establishing and administering enterprise project management activities of a complex, high-volume $100M+ program. Candidates must have leadership experience in an environment supporting a formal, documented program/project Management methodology (PMI, PRINCE II, etc.) including establishing uniform project processes, including IT Governance, and project performance standards. This individual is responsible for planning, organizing, directing and tracking all major program components including costs, schedules, resources, deliverables etc. for an excess of 100 concurrent projects. The candidate must have proven experience in developing a large-scale strategic PMO plan and managing the tactical implementation of that plan.
This Program Manager may be responsible for supervising a team of external, customer-facing project managers and administrative staff.
Responsible for overseeing portfolio management, governance, resource management, quality and project management services to meet customer's and company's expectations to complete a portfolio of projects on time, within scope and on budget:
- Responsible for ensuring that all project managers consistently adhere to the Dell standard project management methodology throughout the project lifecycle
- Directs the efforts of others and provided oversight into all aspects of project delivery - both at tactical and strategic levels
- Ensures effective project controls are in place to monitor project performance
- Ensures critical outcomes are met for each project, program, and/or portfolio
- Provides effective performance reporting for the customer and Dell. Prepares and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff
- Manages hiring, staffing and maintaining an effective workforce which includes career development, performance management, and pay management for team members
- Strong focus on Customer Satisfaction by delivering strong project performance and predictable, repeatable project results
- Generate concise and accurate integrated account-level project and program status reporting
- Manage financial P&L for PMO area including accurately forecasting costs, operating within established budgets and attaining margin improvement objectives
- Perform project performance measurement and analysis
- Provide ad-hoc project-related reports and data as required by stakeholders
- Own necessary meetings and workshops (set agendas, facilitate meetings, and deliver minutes)
- Provide direction and standards for consistent project management tool utilization
- Establish and maintain Project Manager Development program focused on motivating project managers to establish PM competencies, improve professional skill levels and attain recognized certifications
- Implement Project Management standards and best-practices based on measurable success criteria
- Implement a continuous improvement process relative to project management
- Bachelor's degree and 10-15+ years relevant project management experience
- 5 years program office leadership experience within a large corporate IT operating environment
- Formal Project/Program Management methodology (PM3, PRINCE II, proprietary, etc.) experience
- Expert understanding and proficient use of industry standard project management tools - Microsoft Project, Project Server, Primavera, all Microsoft Office applications etc.
- Proven track record of successful enterprise-level project management results
- Experience introducing and implementing Project Management processes and standards
- Experience managing a blended team of project managers and project coordinators
- Experience working within both a project-centric and project matrix environments
- Experience managing staff in a matrixed environment
- Strong people management skills including team building, performance management, talent management, and conflict management
- Demonstrates strong ability to articulate typical components and best practices of an effective project management program
- Demonstrates strong ability in executing and managing processes and interactions used to plan, acquire, assign, develop and manage resources of a PMO organization
- Strong communication, negotiating, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience managing healthcare or hospital projects
- PMP certification; PMI membership and participation
- Advanced university degree (MBA)
- IT experience in the Healthcare domain; either provider or payer segments
- Experience establishing a Program Office and implementing a supporting tool set
- Quality program experience such as ISO-9000, CMMI or Six Sigma implementation and assessments
- Implementing and maintaining an enterprise IT architectural structure and plan
- Administering a formal project task estimation process based on historical estimation performance
- Business development experience in IT and Project Management disciplines
Want to work in an environment where each day is focused on delivering solutions that make a real difference in people’s lives? Where teams are constantly curious and different perspectives and experiences are valued? At Dell, we believe technology is essential for human success and that it should be accessible to everyone. We are constantly evolving to better serve our customers, seize new opportunities and drive growth. Together we can change the world. Come join us.
Life At Dell
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Since 1985, Dell has played a critical role in enabling more affordable and accessible technology around the world. As an end-to-end...