- All job opportunities at Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort require the ability to comply with our Professional Appearance, Drug & Alcohol, and Employee Conduct Policies.
Under the direction of Restaurant Manager.
To provide quality food and beverage service to guests in Snowbird restaurants. Responsible for coordinating individual station and communicating with front and back of house personnel.
Position Functions / Areas of Responsibility
1. Reports to work on time in the proper uniform and obeys all company rules.
2. Obtains assigned service station from manager and complete duties at the beginning and end of the shift.
3. Greets and informs guests of specials and menu changes.
4. Meets all guest needs during the course of the meal in order to achieve a positive dining experience for the guest.
5. Ensures standards of appearance, sanitation, and safety are maintained on a daily basis
6. Maintains line of communication between Restaurant Manager, Host/Hostess, Kitchen and Bar.
1. Direct and continuous contact with guests.
2. Direct and continuous contact with co-workers, management, and other departments.
3. Must have the ability to interact at any time with guests and other employees in a pleasant manner and maintain good working relationships with others and all departments at Snowbird.
Education & Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of job-specific work experience with demonstrated competence.
Skills & Knowledge
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Food Handler Permit, Tips Cert, Sheriff Work Card
Must demonstrate competency in reading, writing, and arithmetic with accuracy in math. Must be able to learn menus, proficiency in handling large sums of money, and demonstrate ability to multi-task. i.e, ring several checks at once, serve several guests at once while maintaining interactions between other staff and guests.
Requires some exercise of judgment within policy guidelines and without supervisory approval. Additionally requires problem solving and initiation of activities within job description and have a strong understanding of other Snowbird operations.
- Shifts vary, but will mainly be between 2pm - 9pm covering weekends and busy holidays periods depending on business levels.
- Must be prepared to stay overnight if necessary on occasional times of road closures.
- May experience unusual stress from continual work with public, winter conditions, snow night requirements and commuting to/from Snowbird.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
- Must be able to carry trays and other items needed for service.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must demonstrate ability to bend, kneel, handle, reach, grasp and perform repetitive motions.