The Development and Alumni Relations Coordinator is an integral member of the Development and Alumni Relations team, working closely with both the Director of Annual Giving and the Director of Alumni Relations.This individual will provide support for a wide range of development and alumni relations activities, including the student phone-a-thon, direct mail and alumni event production and management.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Works closely with Director of Annual Giving to design and implement direct mail appeals and broadcast email appeals, and student phone-a-thon (from strategy and list generation to phone-a-thon card production to results analysis).
• Manages student phone-a-thon:
Recruits, hires, and trains a staff of student callers including one student supervisor
Coordinates nightly staff meetings and sets nightly and/or weekly goals
Establishes criteria for caller performance reviews,
evaluation, including promotion and termination when appropriate
• Generates and coordinates data for appeals and outreach; coordinates with advancement services on segmentation; oversees printing and mailing.
• Through reporting, actively tracks the progress of donor giving habits and identifies trends to improve FSU annual giving program
• Works closely with Director of Alumni Relations to plan and coordinate event management logistics related to campus, regional and hallmark alumni events
• Assists Director of Alumni Relations in overseeing communications plan and scheduling for event promotion
• Assists Director of Alumni Relations in management of volunteers on boards and committees.
• Serves as liaison to other FSU departments and groups to collaborate on programming and outreach to students, alumni and friends of the University
• Provides meeting support as needed, including logistics, note-taking, etc.
• Coordinates student office assistant staff, as directed
• Creates and manages all on-line registration pages for Alumni Relations events
• Manages event RSVP lists and pulls guests lists from University databases
• Serves as point-of-contact for alumni contacting the office via phone or email about development and alumni relations events
• Performs general administrative duties in support of the annual giving and alumni relations program as needed
• Provides back up administrative support as needed for office-wide projects, activities, and events
• Performs other duties as required.
• HS Diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree preferred)
• 3+ years of experience in development and/or alumni relations
• Exceptional organizational skills including the demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple tasks while paying close attention to detail.
• Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills; creativity, initiative and independence in carrying out responsibilities; demonstrated planning, leadership, personal approachability, teamwork, organization skills; and the ability to motivate and work with students
• Proficiency with databases and spreadsheets and the ability to multitask multiple projects with required deadlines is required
• Proven ability to work effectively as part of a team and take the lead on certain projects.
• Knowledge of fundraising and alumni relations in higher education
• Experience with Banner and Raiser’s Edge preferred.
This is a full-time, benefited union position. The work schedule is Monday- Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm, with some travel, night and weekend work required. The annual salary is $35,000- $40,000, commensurate with experience.
This position is contingent upon funding.
Framingham State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. Members of underrepresented groups and those committed to working in a diverse cultural environment are encouraged to apply.
Please apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Paper applications will not be accepted.
Framingham State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530.
Framingham State College - 18 months ago