GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Responsibilities include: This successful candidate will coach, support, and lead teams in an underground mine. Ability to work with individuals at various levels and different departments within the company and outside personnel to communicate and ensure standards/goals are met. Willing to participate in safety programs, personnel development programs, and planning as required to ensure business goals of the company are met. Explain and support company policies and procedures. Other duties as assigned.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS: To be considered for this job, applicants must meet these basic requirements:
• Ten (10) years experience underground mining showing increasing responsibility preferred
• Five (5) years experience in blasting preferred
• Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms compliance required
• Demonstrated knowledge of underground hard rock mining required
• Verifiable leadership experience as evidenced by three (3) years in a relief supervisor role preferred
• Ability to interact effectively with various levels of employees, departments, and contractors, both verbally and in writing required
• Knowledge of computer programs (Oracle, Microsoft Office) preferred
• Demonstrated ability to perform the essential functions of this job required
• Team based work skills required
BARRICK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Barrick Gold Corporation - 22 months ago
In the world of mining, Barrick's name is golden. The company became the world's #1 gold producer (ahead of Newmont Mining and...