As a result of ongoing projects in the U.S., Lotus Technical Services USA currently has an opportunity for a Project Scheduler in Arizona, USA for an initial 12 month contract.
Lotus Technical Services USA provides technical and engineering support services in the Bio Technology, Pharmaceutical and Advanced technology industries.
We have a need for an experienced Scheduler. We are looking for an individual with a minimum of 5 years of experience in the construction industry.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling activities to facilitate the timely and cost effective completion of the Construction Project. Develops, monitors, and updates the Master Project Schedule to ensure that the Project is optimally executed and meets the program timing requirements.
- Review the construction plans and specs to identify activities and logic used to develop the detailed construction project schedule.
- Assist in the creation of the Work Breakdown Structure /Chart of Accounts, determining the primary time table for deliverables, and sequencing the major work priorities into a logical schedule.
- Determine the critical paths required to meet the overall project completion date, modify critical paths based on prevailing conditions and consult with Project leadership team to develop workarounds to overcome obstacles.
- Receive and understand client/subcontractor constraints, integrate constraints into the project schedule and evaluate and report schedule impacts.
- Manage and control all scheduling data through project management software (e.g. MS Project)
- Input actual start and actual completion dates for all activities in the Project Schedule to provide a complete date history of the project.
- Perform schedule status updates and variance analyses; report discrepancies and propose actionable workarounds to negative schedule trends.
- Post, publish, and distribute updated project coordination schedules. Discuss the current and upcoming schedule milestones and the critical schedule activities in the Weekly Progress Meeting
- Develop presentation quality summaries and update production charts as required for standard meetings and/or as requested
- Notify Site Project Team of modified dates that affect the Contractor's work operations to allow appropriate notification and resolution
- Walk the field; check the contractors weekly and monthly schedule progress
- Ability to read drawings, ability to determine if work is in or out of scope, and understand terms and conditions of the contract to determine compensability, as well as concurrent delays
- Proactively anticipate schedule impacts and advise Project Team concerning same
- Effectively communicate with the Contractor regarding all schedule/progress related matters and concerns in the weekly status meetings and all other schedule related meetings
- Prepare reports as needed and directed by Management
- Perform status updates to Program Schedule/Master Schedule
- Reviews scope definition and prepare quantity survey or take of
- Identifies critical issues that may impact project timeline
- Identifies critical issues that may impact on cost sensitive areas
- Ability to determine materials & labor requirements
- Ability to verify field work against drawings
- Evaluate progress of construction projects
- Prepares custom reports for management review
- Scheduler with at least 5 years relevant experience working in the construction industry.
- Excellent project management and MS Project experience
- Strong communication skills
RecruitIreland.com - 3 years ago
copy to clipboard -