Reviews, analyzes, develops, installs, modifies, maintains and/or supports major subsystem software components in a large computing environment across multiple production data centers
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides technical support activities for a production processing environment
- Installs, maintains and supports operating system and/or its components and subsystems
- Analyzes and resolves problems related to failures in operating system and ancillary software components
- Provides technical assistance to programming staff in analyzing application software abends, performance, and resource consumption
- Creates and maintains complete documentation as it relates to installation and status of software
- 24x7 support for operating systems and ancillary software
- Educates internal users on software capabilities and use
- Other related duties assigned as needed
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related technical discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience as required for the specific job level
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Advanced professional role requiring extensive skill and proficiency. Works independently with only administrative supervision on highly complex projects with extensive latitude for independent judgment. Expected to mentor others on staff and is a role model for rest of team. Effectively communicates with all levels of technical and non-technical personnel. Ability to provide communication on issues or complex information to a wide audience based on knowledge. Participates in strategic planning and direction. Develops, documents and implements standards, guidelines, direction and education on process/procedures for staff. Assigned to highly visible, sensitive and critical systems. Typically requires a minimum of 8 to 10 years programming experience in a technical environment.
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise, and professional manner
- Requires knowledge of one or more operating systems used by FIS
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Ability to solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Basic understanding of installation methodologies and toolsets as well as networking concepts and protocols
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
US-AR-Little Rock AR
FIS™ is the world’s largest global provider dedicated to banking and payments technologies. With a long history deeply rooted in...