Cooperates in the research and development of a novel group anonymity system, Dissent. The primary task will be to make Dissent into a practical anonymity tool. Current and future tasks include handling large scale networks, implementation of novel crypto functionality, multiplatform support, and optimization for low powered / wireless environments. The current software is written in C++ using CryptoPP and Qt libraries with current development done in Linux. Ideal for those potentially interested in transitioning into more research oriented work. Individuals will contribute in software development tasks and have opportunity to investigate interesting related research problems. For more details on this position, please visit our website at the address below:
Department URL Address:
Click here for more information
1. Provides technical expertise in resolving user system deficiencies and determines appropriate action.
2. Provides system services and analyze system performance for stakeholders and intended end users. Performs all activities necessary to activate a new operating system or new release of an existing system, including analysis, design, implementation, and related documentation. Analyzes systems performance and modifies programs to increase the efficiency of the operation. Reinstates integrity of system as quickly as possible following an outage in order to minimize item and data loss.
3. Recommends and authorizes system upgrades and software installations.
4. Designs, develops and implements new system tools.
5. Analyzes execution time of commonly used instruction to identify and replaces those that are inefficient or slow to operation.
6. Analyzes, evaluates and takes steps to circumvent problems and restores systems to operating condition.
7. Contributes in the determination of specifications and determines the combination of options needed to tailor an operating system to meet the business needs.
8. Conducts training and user education.
9. Researches new technologies, processes, and methodologies.
Required Education and Experience
Four years of experience as a systems programmer with knowledge of one or more high level languages, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Familiarity with object oriented programming with preference towards C++.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Use of debugging tools such as gdb.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Software system design and implementation experience.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Basic understanding of cryptography.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Experience with (distributed) revision control tools such as Git.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
1. B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent (exceptional experience and programming skills may substitute).
2. Ten years of relevant software engineering experience.
3. Five years of systems/network programming experience in C/C++.
4. Three years of experience building/maintaining Open Source systems.
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...