Covestic is currently seeking an Oracle Applications Database Administrator to support our Bellevue team. This position provides database administration support for multiple Oracle databases in a fast paced environment. It provides advanced technical support to other departments and teams as required in support of business objectives.
- Responsible for designing, implementing and managing large mission critical databases to meet established service levels.
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for applications and systems.
- Provide development & testing support for database related project activities.
- Install, upgrade and configure database and other third-party software.
- Build and modify systems to meet requirements.
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Evaluate database and software requirements and influence design decisions.
- Configure and tune databases and operating system software to insure optimum performance and resource utilization.
- Provide 24 x 7 on call support as part of a scheduled rotation.
For immediate consideration, please apply through the link provided or forward your resume directly to Tim Poole at email@example.com. ovestic.com
- 5+ years’ experience in an Oracle Enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting Oracle EBS and Supply Chain - Forecasting software (Oracle Demantra) required.
- Experienced with Oracle through 11G Release 2.
- Ability to install and configure RDBMS, layered and third party software unassisted.
- Proficiency with most database utilities such as RMAN, SQL*Loader, export, import, data pump, and Data Guard.
- Proficiency with partitioning, advanced queuing, distributed transactions, and materialized views/snapshots.
- Advanced proficiency with tuning and monitoring tools including OEM and other third-party tools.
- Advanced SQL and PL/SQL programming skills with ability to write, debug and tune packages, procedures and functions.
- Experience with SQL*Net and understanding of networking as it applies to database operations.
- Thorough knowledge of UNIX operating system and shell scripting.
- Install/configure ASM, experience with SAN/NAS storage technologies such as EMC, NetApp, and ZFS.
- Experience with server clustering techniques, data replication technologies and RAC.
- Experience with Oracle Database Appliance and Exadata engineered systems.
- Knowledge of ITIL framework and experience working in ITIL based service organization.
- Display strong inter-personal, verbal and written communication skills.
Covestic is a leading provider of IT services for midsize and enterprise organizations; federal, state, and local government agencies, and educational institutions. We maintain close partnerships in our key focus areas such as cloud computing, IT service management, mobile payment solutions, and project delivery with companies such as Microsoft, Serena, SalesForce.com, and ServiceNow. In addition, our staff maintains a high level of partner certifications, and ITIL® certification training as well as specialized training to ensure successful implementation in areas such as project management, application integration, and business intelligence.