At Eaton, our businesses make a difference to the world. As a part of the company, you can make a difference.
Eaton Corporation is a diversified power management company with more than 100 years of experience providing energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power. With 2011 sales of $16.0 billion, Eaton is a global technology leader in electrical components, systems and services for power quality, distribution and control; hydraulics components, systems and services for industrial and mobile equipment; aerospace fuel, hydraulic and pneumatic systems for commercial and military use; and truck and automotive drivetrain and powertrain systems for performance, fuel economy and safety. Eaton has approximately 72,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 150 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
At Eaton, we’re committed to “Doing Business Right” and that’s not just a slogan. It’s an unwavering commitment to the highest ethical practices and standards of behavior. It’s how we conduct ourselves in interactions with each other, our customers and our business partners. It’s how we support our communities, respect the environment, and it’s a reflection of our long-standing core values and beliefs about people.
Eaton Corporation is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer: M/F/V/D.
Eaton - Aerospace - Charleston, currently has an opportunity for a PROLaunch Technician.
PROLaunch Technician functions:
Work with manufacturing engineering to define, develop, and validate new product at the machine. Defining, developing, and validating include incorporation of CNC programs for multi-axis, 3-5 axis, and complex machining products. The PROLaunch technician will participate in validation of new product through actual setup and operation of the CNC equipment. Additionally, he will help create run-time operations, tools, and supporting setup procedures used to produce product on a variety of available machines and controllers. The PROLaunch technician will be responsible for assisting, and at times leading, part evaluation and program development, accounting for cost efficiency and optimal machine.
• Works with manufacturing engineering to translate instructions or CAD solid models into a computer aided/automated manufacturing (CAM) program, specifiying the sequence of operations and establishes the cutting tools needed to manufacture the part.
• Maintains documentation of CNC programs, processes, and tooling records for production programs in compliance with the customer's and the company's requirements. The PROLaunch technician must have a good understanding of ISO9001 and ANSI 14.5 GD&T.
• Must possess solid communication skills, written and oral.
• Have demonstrated the ability to write computer programs, analyze CAD models and drawings. Additionally, a comprehension of mathematics, cutting tools, program tooling sequence, fixture design concepts, and problem solving techniques must be demonstrated as well.
• Expertise and knowledge of CNC machine tools, such as 3, 4, and 5 axis mills, 3 and 4 axis Lathes, and techniques for optimization in both setup and run cycle times.
• Demonstrated an ability to write programs and/or modify existing programs and maintain and preserve CAD/CAM libraries data files.
• Can read blueprints, sketches, drawings, and specifications to determine dimensions and tolerances of a finished work piece, including understanding of sequence of operations and setup requirements.
• Participate in selection, design, and fabrication of CNC tooling and fixtures
• First Pass Yield
• Setup Time
• Tooling and Fixture cost & cost reduction
• Machine capability and utilization
• CNC Programming experience in a complex machining environment
• Experience with G-Code, CAD/CAM CNC, & simultaneous axis programming
• Generation of tool paths via. CAD Solid Model a must
• Current knowledge of modern tooling technology
• Proficient in ANSI Y14.5 geometric tolerancing and understanding of ISO90001
• Proficient in use of personal computers and software
• Ability to perform in a strong teamwork environment
• Strong analytical problem solving skills
• Communication skills– both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports
Eaton is a power management company with 2013 sales of $22.0 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers...