GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
The FP&A Manager is responsible for providing strategic P&L and operations finance leadership for the global Performance Solutions business. The position serves as a business partner to the entire PS leadership team, as well as having strong interaction with the group FP&A team. This person will have management responsibility. The FP&A Manager reports to the CFO of Performance Solutions and will be based in Barrington, IL.
• Partner with business leader and staff to drive operating performance & act as champion for strategic initiatives within the organization
• Ownership for developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews, Growth Playbook (3-year Plan), SII (1-year Plan)
• Driving profitable growth by providing analysis of results and reporting key metrics while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
• Effectively manage/lead/coordinate/develop a team of 2 Analysts (FMP and GENPACT resources), setting clear roles & responsibilities.
• Ownership and development of monthly operating reviews.
• Ownership of quarterly close process and all related reporting to PS, HCIT, and Healthcare management.
• Develop metrics and reporting to drive solution/product line profitability.
• Lead cross-functional projects to drive simplification throughout the organization and to improve rigor in key Finance processes, reducing costs & improving profitability
• Provide Finance leadership for NPI activities (e.g. target costing, margin analysis, etc.)
• Contribute to improving efficiencies and performance as well as providing quality financial information (e.g. report dashboard and VC/BC productivity).
• Develop and improve financial processes: Finance reporting tools, Management reporting tools, budgeting and estimating processes, standard Production Cost set ups and analyses, Capital Investment.
• Lead management reporting (regional and segment P&L’s) and communicate results to managers.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of six years of financial work experience or High School Diploma/GED and minimum of ten years financial work experience including developing forecasts & operating plans and leading business / finance reviews
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
1. Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
2. Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas
3. Leadership experience: has two years experience leading team members balancing execution through others with inclusiveness, leveraging expertise, clear thinking, imagination, and external focus.
4. Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
5. Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, SAP, COGNOS, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, VLookup, and Macros)
6. Fluency in English
7. Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
8. Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
9. Experience successfully leading cross-functional projects and process improvement within the operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas.
10. Experience leading in a matrixed environment
11. Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
12. Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
13. Basic understanding of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP
14. Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
15. Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP), Experienced Financial Leadership Program (EFLP) or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); or graduate of other financial leadership programs
16. Knowledge of and experience in a consulting modeled business a plus.
17. MBA or equivalent degree a plus.
Apply to job
Send to friend
Save to cart
GE Careers - 11 months ago
What do you envision for your future? At GE Healthcare, we strive to see life more clearly. Our "healthymagination" vision for the...