Primarily responsible for supporting branch utilized systems and applications and developing methods and processes to increase efficiency and productivity. Works with the Retail Administrator and Retail Systems and Support Manager to assist with the business analysis and process reengineering of branch functions to create efficiencies and improve the client experience. Position will be responsible for providing operational support to branches and internal partners and will act as the IRA specialist for the department. Perform duties relating to the gathering and compiling of data to create and generate various reports. Provide assistance to Retail Administration management team in completing special projects and tasks.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES :
1. System & Application Support: Position is the Subject Matter Expert for all applications utilized by the branch network including but not limited to; the account opening and maintenance platform, teller transaction processing, loan center, currency ordering, check ordering and currency exchange. Position will be responsible for assisting with the evaluation of branch software needs, testing, error resolution, training and implementation of applications and all subsequent releases and upgrades. Assists with the design and development of methods, processes and procedures to increase efficiency and productivity through the use of workflows and system integration.
2. Business Analysis and Process Reengineering: Responsible for analyzing business processes, practices and policies to identify challenges or gaps and recommend opportunities to capture efficiency, reduce risk, lower cost, increase revenue and improve the overall performance of the branch network. Position will be responsible for evaluating information gathered from multiple sources, translating them into workflows and developing methods to streamline processes while maintaining a client-centric focus. Represent Retail Administration on various task forces and project committees. Responsible for completing project tasks, gathering data, and communicating with vendors and internal partners to supply information and address needs.
3. Retail Liaison: Assist Branches, Client Service Center, and internal partners with branch related issues covering a wide range of subjects. Support can include researching problems, interpreting policies, clarifying procedures, resolving issues, and providing technical end user support. Position is responsible for providing guidance to all levels of branch staff and making policy exceptions within established guidelines. Create and effectively communicate company and branch policies and procedures to insure compliance and consistency across the branch network. Attend branch and department meetings to introduce new products, services and systems. Proactively identify training needs related to branch operations and provide development and on-going skills training to meet those needs. Serve as a point of contact between branches and departments.
4. Report Management: Utilize various data sources to design, analyze and report on branch performance. Responsible for creating reports to provide information to the branch network, Regional Managers, Director of Retail Sales and Retail Administrator. Produce the branch Performance Management Report that includes production goals, service quality, branch transactions and account accuracy reporting. Works with key partners to accumulate and formulate data for reporting.
5. IRA Specialist: Act as the IRA specialist for the department. Serve as the primary contact with vendor to manage the relationship to insure bank is current on all regulatory requirements, procedures, contacts and company developments. Maintain a strong functional knowledge of IRA regulatory developments that may impact services being provided to clients. Communicate updated policies and procedures to ensure compliance and consistency.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Position requires a professional level of knowledge equivalent to that which is acquired through a bachelor’s degree in banking or business related field. Minimum of 5 years retail and commercial banking, operations, and/or experience in application management and support. Strong knowledge of banking products and related laws and regulations is required. Ability to work independently on projects is required, as work schedule may be partially unsupervised.
2. Advanced personal computer skills are needed to include familiarity with standard windows-based software. Thorough knowledge of the FIS System, Word, Excel, Access, Visio and other windows based software is required.
3. Advanced problem solving skills required in order to find solutions to problems that are technically or administratively complex and require the collection, interpretation, and analysis of data from diverse sources. Situations require operational knowledge of the work and of the branch network which may involve a range of possible solutions to human, technical, or administrative problems.
4. Strong analytical and time management skills required as work is often under tight time constraints. Ability to gather and evaluate information from multiple sources to make recommendations on complicated and diverse issues. Work requires a high level of mental effort involving complex applications and report development. PC work for extended periods is frequently required.
5. Ability to effectively and professionally express ideas, written and orally required. Ability to prepare business correspondences, prepare and summarize complex reports, and interpret complicated policies. Strong communication skills are needed to effectively deal with a variety of people.
6. Position requires regular internal and external contact to carry out organizational policies and programs. Most often deals with matters requiring persuasion and approval. Contacts involve a variety of levels of management and require interpersonal skills to effectively deal with all types of people. Interpersonal skills necessary to instruct others.
7. College degree preferred. Applicable experience will be considered.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free, smoke free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Sandy Spring Bancorp is the holding company for Sandy Spring Bank, which operates around 50 branches in the Baltimore and Washington, DC,...