INVENT YOUR FUTURE
Battelle is the world’s largest, independent research and development organization, working to advance scientific discovery and application. We’re accelerating innovation by bringing people, science and technology together. From National Security, Energy, Environment and Material Sciences, and Health and Life Sciences, to Education and Laboratory Management, we provide innovative solutions to address the world’s most pressing needs. We partner with government, industry, and communities to enhance quality of life for people everywhere.
Our National Security Global Business is currently seeking a Senior Analyst/Strategic Planner . This part time hourly position is located in Anniston, Alabama .
- Work from concepts, instructions, documentation, drafts, revisions, specifications, lists, proposals, written, past manuals, research, verbal and other instructions to gather needed information and data to design, write, edit, produce and transmit informational, promotional, instructional and technical materials and literature specializing in international realations, national policy, and counterproliferation.
- Write, format and edit technical manuals, instructional manuals, reports and other documentation and information. Ensure documents adhere to or follow current doctrine, logical progressions, and order.
- Support regional, State, territorial, Federally Recognized Tribes, local, and Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI) - designated metropolitan area exercise initiatives.
- Use the National Planning Scenarios as a reference or model for scenarios design, or as a planning tool to help conceptualize the magnitude of threats facing a jurisdiction and align exercise priorities with national level priorities.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, conferences.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university.
- 20 years strategic level experience specializing in international realations, national policy, and counterproliferation.
- Demonstrated experience developing/authoring technical analysis and resulting reports.
- Experience planning, executing and evaluating technical conferences, workshops, and seminars.
- The candidate must have excellent writing, analytical and research skills; additionally excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The candidate must be self-motivated with the ability to manage his or her own time and work with minimal supervision.
- Success in this position requires effective interpersonal skills and communications skills, as the incumbent interacts frequently with users and managers.
- The ability to handle multiple tasks and frequent deadlines, and the ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions are critical.
- U.S. Citizenship Required.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, employee pension, tuition reimbursement, work/life balance, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and supports diversity in the workplace. Applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation. For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers .
Battelle - 19 months ago
When you use a copier, hit a golf ball, or listen to a CD, you're using technologies developed by Battelle Memorial Institute. The...