Line of Service: Advisory
Industry: Public Sector
State & City: DC-Washington
Travel Requirements: 0-20%
Position Type: Full Time
Auto req ID: 37625BR-0
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that services Fortune 500 companies, and will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career? If you are, then PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (www.pwc.com/us) is the firm for you. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP (PwC US) is well placed to help clients meet the challenges and opportunities of the US marketplace in the areas of assurance, tax, and advisory. We offer the perspective of being part of a global network of firms combined with detailed knowledge of local, state and US national issues. More than 163,000 people in 151 countries across our network share knowledge, experience and solutions to develop fresh perspectives and deliver practical advice.
At PwC US, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
At PwC, you will find Advisory professionals with unparalleled financial and accounting expertise, knowledge of business processes, industry insight and technology, and customer relationship skills. Our Advisory professionals help companies anticipate, create and manage change. In short, we help companies to : (1) respond to crises, (2) improve business processes, and (3) transform their business. Note that across all of these solutions, we embed sustainability into our approach. This also includes helping clients to sustain prior changes that may have been undertaken to address a crisis.
Members of our Advisory practice provide a valuable service to our clients and strive to differentiate PwC by executing the following:
- We put our clients first: Each client situation is unique, and we tailor our approach to every relationship and engagement;
- We view the world from a client's perspective: From the initial client meeting onward, we listen first, and then assemble a hand-picked team from across the firm;
- We create lasting value for our clients: We bring together the precision, structure, and deep analytical capabilities of audit and tax and the creative mindset and problem-solving skills of consulting; and
- We focus on action, impact, and value: We don't just assess and recommend; we also help our clients implement with agility and flexibility.
In today's changing environment, government agencies are seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies. Our growing Public Sector Advisory practice provides management consulting, technology consulting and risk consulting services to help government agencies anticipate and address their most complex challenges. Our Public Sector practice works with Federal, State and Local Governments as well as International Agencies on a range of complex matters. Additionally, our Junior Military Office program provides an opportunity for service members who excelled in their military career to continue serving their country through Public Sector consulting.
Our Operations consultants help clients realize competitive advantage from operations. This high performing team translates business strategy into operations strategy and transforms operations to drive both growth and profitability. Specific areas of focus include global footprint and network design, product innovation and development, sales and operations planning, procurement and sourcing, manufacturing operations, service operations, logistics, and capital programs.
Position/Program Requirements:Knowledge Preferred:
Demonstrates proven thorough knowledge and understanding of, and success with contributing or managing specific workstreams of client engagements that involve, the following areas:
- Transaction lifecycles of Financial, Healthcare, Federal and Product and Services products
- Financial operations, including the financial close, planning and forecasting processes
- Operations and administration of Financial, Healthcare, Federal , Product and Services businesses
- Data and systems interactions including IT tools and technology
- Documentation and the identification of key controls within the transaction lifecycle
- Statutory Reporting, GAAP or IFRS requirements
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success with utilizing tools and techniques to contribute to the delivery of financial effectiveness strategies for global, financial service clients
Demonstrates proven extensive abilities and success with working collaboratively and independently to address client needs by:
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and success as a team leader by:
- Actively participating in client discussions and meetings
- Communicating a broad range of offered consulting services
- Managing engagements
- Preparing concise, accurate documents, including utilizing PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project to write and deliver proposals to prospective clients
- Maintaining project economics while maintaining flexibility for unanticipated issues
Minimum Years of Experience Necessary:
- Creating a positive environment
- Monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations
- Respecting the work-life quality of team members
- Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner
- Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues
- Answering questions and providing direction to less experienced staff
- Developing, writing, presenting and facilitating discussions on strategy to all levels of industry audiences, clients and internal staff and management
3 years of relevant experience in Financial, Healthcare, Federal or Products and Services Industries
Minimum Degree(s) and Certification(s) Required:
PricewaterhouseCoopers (www.pwc.com) provides industry-focused assurance, tax and advisory services to build public trust and enhance value...