In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. As a finance professional, you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports.
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles.
- Analyze and prepare financial statements, including balance sheets and statements of financial position.
- Involvement in the monthly/quarterly 'close' process.
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits.
- Review the work of others.
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness.
This position will serve as Accounting's Subject Matter Expert (SME) on revenue and membership, working with business owners (such as Intersegment team and FP&A) in order to obtain an understanding of each group's business processes, underlying systems and data sources that support revenue and membership.
- Ensures accurate timely reporting and recording of monthly close entries related to revenues and membership data;
- Perform account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally-accepted accounting principles;
-Prepares monthly and quarterly analytics of changes in revenue for the production of reliable financial statements and reports;
- Reviews contracts for potential revenue recognition issues and prepares technical accounting memoranda to substantiate the company's revenue recognition positions for internal and external auditor review;
- Manages intercompany transactions and elimination entries related to intercompany revenues;
- Develops innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness of accounting for segment's membership information;
- Represents the Accounting group on cross-functional projects, serving as the key Accounting contact for revenues and membership;
- Prepares documentation in support of external and internal audits;
- Performs and supports various special projects as required from time to time .
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 5+ years Experience with corporate accounting and/or financial reporting with emphasis in revenue recognition required
- Experience with General Acceptable Accounting Principles required
- Advanced level of skill with MS Excel
- Statutory accounting experience
- Healthcare and/or managed care experience
- Hyperion Essbase experience
- PeopleSoft GL experience
- Intermediate level of skill with MS Access
- CPA Certification or equivalent license or certification preferred
Bachelor degree with concentration in Accounting.
5+ years of Accounting experience.
Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them.
Public accounting experience
Accounting experience handling regulated entities
Experience wtih Hyperion Essbase, PeopleSoft Financials, and Microsoft Access
OptumHealth is part of the family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
OptumHealth helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their health care needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
At OptumHealth, you will perform within an innovative culture that's focused on transformational change in the health care system. You will leverage your skills across a diverse and multi-faceted business. And you will make contributions that will have an impact that's greater than you've ever imagined.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
UnitedHealth Group is the most diversified health care company in the United States and a leader worldwide in helping people live healthier...