Guida's Dairy runs a 24/7 lab at 433 Park St. New Britain, CT We are looking to fill the following shift: Hours - Sunday-Thursday Night 11pm - 730am
Responsibilities include all aspects of product testing, ingredient screening, sanitation monitoring, loss control prevention, QA/QC of Equipment, record keeping and report generation. Communication of quality standards and direction of blending/standardizing operations is also included.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Finished Product Quality (25%): Ensure collection and analysis of finished products for all quality assurance and customer specifications, including bacterial content, codes, weights, physical, chemical and organoleptic standards.
- Product Loss Control (25%): Record and Report lot results for each batch of standardized product produced. Direct processing personnel to correct product being blended until the appropriate specification is achieved. Screen products prior to packaging for quality standards. Investigate and report incidents of non-compliance.
- Raw Material Analysis (25%): Screen incoming ingredients and raw milk receipts for compliance with Quality Assurance standards. Collect samples for outside laboratory analysis where applicable. Notify regulatory agencies of incidents of regulated non-compliance.
- Record keeping/Reporting (5%): Maintain accurate and legible records. Complete customer regulatory and internal reports on a timely basis. Report noted deficiencies or missing data.
- Communication (5%): Record information forwarded to or collected by quality assurance and report to the appropriate plant personnel in a professional and timely manner.
- Sanitation Analysis (4%): Collect and analyze environmental and sanitation related samples for compliance with company standard operating procedures. Record and report data.
- Lab Supplies (3%): Order and manage the inventory of all quality assurance related supplies and materials.
- Calibration (3%): Ensure the accuracy of all quality assurance measurements and procedures
by completing accurate and timely checks and calibrations of all equipment and materials as required by internal Quality Assurance
- All other tasks as assigned by supervision (5%): This could be quality, packaging or processing supervision. The QA Supervisor and Quality Assurance manager will supervise technician. Technicians are not directly responsible for supervising other employees. Technicians are indirectly responsible for providing guidance to Pasteurizing and Receiving personnel related to test results for the products that these departments send to the lab for analysis.
Hours - Sunday-Thursday Night 11pm - 730am
- B.S. or B.A. degree in Food Science or related field with a minimum of 16 credit hours each in Microbiology and Chemistry.
- The ability to study and train for a State of CT Dairy lab technicians certificate will be required.
- 1+ year of lab experience in educational or manufacturing environment, preferred. Training will be supplied to allow technician to become proficient in this position.
- Must be able to adequate lift more than 50#’s occasionally during the course of the day in this position.
- Must be able to communicate proficiently in English in either writing or verbally. Technician will be communicating with lab, production, and packaging staff. Bi-lingual in polish is a plus but is not required to fulfill this position.
- Basic mathematics will be required to fulfill this position. Must be able to calculate basic mathematical equations with accuracy.
- This position will work mainly in the laboratory but will be required to perform other functions throughout the plant during the course of a normal shift, and may be required to spend time in refrigerated and hot environments during normal day-to-day duties. Technicians will spend time testing chemical solutions and PPE will be provided as necessary to perform these functions.
Guida's Milk - 19 months ago
Guida's tells you up front what they do best: Milk & Ice Cream. And while that's true, the company also distributes other...