Coventry Health Care, a $12.2 billion Fortune 500 organization, is a national managed health care company with nearly 5.1 million members in all 50 states. At Coventry Health Care, we are driven to ensure that every person and organization we serve receives the greatest possible value for their health care investment. We do this by providing a full range of competitive products through our seven core businesses – Commercial Risk, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, Medicaid, Workers' Comp Services, Federal Employees Health Benefits Plan and Network Rental.
Our national managed care company is seeking an Database Administrator in our Newark, DE Service Center supporting our Medicaid team. As a strategic member of the Customer Service Operations (CSO) team, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing reports of moderate size and complexity from user requirements that vary and may lack clear definition. Additional responsibilities also include evaluating capabilities and limitations of new and existing technical tools and systems. We are looking for someone with a proven track record of growing and improving a department.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 1 – 3 years previous experience in business systems analysis, development, and/or implementation.
- Knowledge of SQL or similar programming language.
- Working knowledge of MS Access, SQL, or similar programming language.
- Knowledge of HIPAA 834 enrollment files. ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Being a liaison between system users and internal and/or external information technology groups.
- Project management implementation and conversions.
- Reviewing standard queries for performance issues.
- Making recommendations for improvements/changes as needed.
- Serving as consultant to business department staff to interpret data.
- Working with senior level staff to analyze the implication of system changes on data structures and reporting.
- Participates as a team member on business improvement project teams.
- Ensuring adequacy and quality of process and procedure.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of the business area served in Medicaid.
Please apply directly to http://jobs.coventryhealthcare.com and refer to Req# 1311260, Associate Information Administrator .
- Highly self-motivated and able to work well under stress in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong listening and interpersonal skills; skilled at developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task well.
- Must be able to absorb and apply new and changing information.
Coventry Health Care offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits (401K with company matching, comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, and tuition reimbursement), vacation and sick time. This is a highly visible role dealing with business partners across the division and corporation, and being a part of motivating a dynamic team!
Coventry Health Care is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to building a talented and diverse team.
Primary Location: Newark, DE, US
Other Locations: ,
Organization: 10750 - Service Center - Central Admin
Job Posting: 2013-06-19 00:00:00.0
Job ID: 1311260
In May of 2013, Coventry became a part of Aetna. We are excited to join together with common values and a common mission: empowering people...