NOW HIRING OWNER OPERATORS
THREE IMMEDIATE OPENINGS FOR OWNER OPERATORS WITH REEFER EXPERIENCE (Your trailer or ours. We have plenty of trailers. All late model whisper units). Freight is year-round and non-stop.
ARE YOU EARNING AN AVERAGE OF $1.58 PER MILE?
ARE YOU DEADHEADING TOO MUCH?
ARE YOU SITTING WITHOUT A LOAD MORE THAN 3 DAYS A YEAR (Yes...per year)?
ARE YOU PAYING 'PUMP PRICE' FOR YOUR FUEL?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE PART OF A RETIREMENT PROGRAM SO YOU CAN STOP WORKING IN 6-8 YEARS?
At American General Transport, we DO NOT HAUL CHEAP FREIGHT! In fact, we are one of the highest paid carriers in the US (ranked number 73 in ITJ). Last year our trucks averaged $1.57 per mile to the truck. The average weekly miles here depend on what YOU can drive. Typically, that can range from 2,500 to 3,200 miles weekly. We average 67 miles deadhead between loads. Average weight of our loads - 38,216 lbs. Our trucks rarely sit without a load. In 2011, we averaged 2.7 days of sitting per truck, per year.
Who do we work for? American General Transport works for some of the largest shippers in the US. Costco, Walmart (Super Store Division), Frito-Lay, Safeway and many others. In addition, we also service the vendors that supply our customers. We are a primary carrier with nearly every one of our customers.
What are our lanes? We service all 48 states. However, there are certain areas we DO NOT go to. New York City, Bronx (or anywhere on the island), CT, VT, RI, MA, ME (upper north-east region), AZ, MT, WY & FL (except during certain times of the year). We keep our truck running in the main-stream of freight traffic. It's not to say we won't ever go to these areas. If a driver lives in these areas (with the exception of NY Island), we'll get him/her home at the intervals that suits their needs.
What about 'Home Time'? This truly depends on each driver and their family. Typically, home time is every 1 to 3 weeks (depending on the region you live in). Each driver will go through a 90-day probationary period while we determine on-time performance and driver/equipment reliability and then merge in with regular lanes to meet the needs of each driver and their families.
Owner operators must have:
A 3-axle tractor with a sleeper in good condition,
A minimum of 3 years driving experience with reefers,
A good driving record,
An excellent attitude, and
A good CSA record
In return, you receive:
* Year-To-Date our trucks are averaging $1.58 per mile 'to-the-truck' on ALL miles (loaded AND empty)
* Solo drivers avg 2,600-3,200 miles per week
* Teams avg 4,900-6,300 miles per week
* Weekly pay with direct deposit
* Fuel card (EFS) * Fuel discounts
* 6-8 YEAR RETIREMENT PROGRAM [exclusive Amgen offering & the primary reason our driver turnover is less than 30%]
* Home-time every 1 to 4 weeks [depending on region]
* Family atmosphere and dispatchers that care about you, your family and home-time
So, who is American Geneneral Transport? We believe good and effective communication is 'key' to success in our industry. Our customer-base includes some of the largest shippers on the planet. American General is a major contributor to The Make-A-Wish Foundation, we donate 30% of our net profits to this non-profit organization. For over 9 years, our customers believe it is far better to make sure a portion of their transportation budget is making its' way to helping a child's final wish come true than to line the pockets of management with another carrier. For this reason...we continue to grow while other carriers lack the miles to keep their drivers busy. Come join the team that cares about and supports families in their time of need! You never know when one of YOUR family members may need help!
Typically, there are 4 reasons drivers will choose to stay with their trucking company.
1. Money -- Usually trucking company recruiters are paid based on the number of trucks they convince to come on-board. At American Geneneral Transport, we conduct a financial analysis with each truck (based on where he/she lives, the number of miles they wish to run daily/weekly, how often they want to go home, how long they wish to stay when they do go home and the fuel economy of their truck) to help determine approximately what they will earn each week/month. The software used incorporates our lanes of traffic as well as our rates with all our customers and volume of loads. The result has proven to be very accurate. By being 'up-front' with our drivers, you are able to have a clearer idea of your earning potential here.
2. Time at home -- Most carriers have a very difficult time getting drivers home often enough to keep both them and their families happy. Since we work with such a wide variety of the largest shippers the world has ever seen, we rarely have a driver complaint about getting home when we promise.
3. Sitting with 'no load' and/or 'detention' -- Two very crucial issues that plague our industry. American Geneneral Transport has less than 2.8 days of sitting per truck, per YEAR! We are proud to have maintained this percentage for over 4 years now. With each shipper we work with, we are primary carrier. Rather than wait until our trucks have delivered their last load to get them their next, we pre-book our trucks, which also improves our reliability with our customers. Additionally, we have internal programs and policies that have cut our need to bill our customers for detention by more than 84%.
4. Feeling like your Carrier cares little about YOU -- Each dispatcher at Amgen is only issued 12 to 15 trucks to manage. And, we encourage strong relationships between them and the drivers they work with, as well as their families. We closely monitor the performance of each dispatcher to make sure each truck they're issued is maintaining profitability. Their minimum standard for income generation per truck is $4200 per week with the least amount of miles and deadhead. Their 'goal' with each truck is to reach $5000. We accomplish this more than 82% of the time. Awards are given to dispatchers that accomplish this with the least amount of miles and dead-head.
If interested in this Owner Operator opportunity, please click on the APPLY NOW button to submit your application today!
CareersinGear.com - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard