Manages design, configuration, and implementation for a large or several small to medium systems. Deals with most difficult or complex systems and generates new design ideas. Interfaces with business areas to ensure all initiatives support business strategies and goals. Primary liaison with vendors, consultants and Sr Tech Mgrs. Responsible for staffing, performance management and compensation decision making. Ensures proper training and staffing on an on-going and project basis. Typically 5 or more years of systems experience.
Senior System Administrator would be responsible for providing Operational Linux support within Global Markets
Some rotational on call and weekend hours as needed.
- Act as an SME and primary escalation/contact point for specific line of business developers and application support teams
- Provide operational support for 24x7 mission critical trading and risk applications
- Work with our engineering teams to implement new and innovative tools in support of our business partners
- Drive automation and proactive enhancements in the environment
- Lead Infrastructure projects and operational stability initiatives including system currency, migration to strategic platforms, security and risk related initiatives
- Work with a large group of geographically diverse teams to ensure world class support for clients.
5+ years Linux System Administration experience (Red Hat RHEL5.x/6.x)
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN THE NY/NJ AREA AND RELOCATION IS NOT PROVIDED.
- Knowledge and experience with HA solutions (VCS/RHCS)
- In depth knowledge and understanding of enterprise authentication and authorization solutions (Kerberos/Vintela/Active Directory/NIS/SUDO/Powerbroker)
- Knowledge of enterprise storage solutions (NAS/SAN/SSD) and experience with host side configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with virtualization technologies (Vmware/Solaris Zones)
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP networking protocols and security
- Automation and scripting experience (Python/Ruby/Perl/Shell)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Understanding of financial markets and investment banking business, particularly Equities/Electronic Trading
Bank of America - 2 years ago
Bank of America Corporation is a bank holding company. Through its banking subsidiaries (the Banks) and various non-banking subsidiaries...