Groundskeeper, part-time, summer employment for our Woodland Ridge properties in Greenfield, WI
Maintains grounds and participates in ground construction activities. Working conditions include dirty environment, extreme temperatures, lifts or carries heavy objects. May also assist and conduct light maintenance duties.
Essential Job Functions includes the following; however other duties may be assigned other duties as necessary to meet business needs.
Plants shrubs, trees, and flowers; prunes trees and shrubs.
Removes debris from stairs and walks, rakes leaves, and mows lawns.
Waters trees, shrubs, and lawns and performs irrigation activities.
Sprays for weeds and insects using unrestricted chemicals as required.
Operates large power lawn mowers, edgers, hand tools, and large vehicles associated with ground maintenance and landscaping activities.
Operates pick-up trucks and flat-rack trucks for hauling purposes and for trash and debris removal.
Performs minor maintenance and repair on equipment and tools as required.
Assists in the maintenance of parking lots and other surfaces
Shovels and removes snow and ice from designated areas such as roofs, sidewalks, and entryways as required.
Installs and removes outdoor signs, parking and traffic control barriers, and overhead banners as required.
List Secondary Job Functions. Secondary functions if removed would not fundamentally alter the job.
Assist and conduct light maintenance duties.
Clean up litter
List Job Qualifications.
Education, work experience, licenses and certifications:
One year of grounds maintenance experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
B. Required knowledge and skills:
Valid driver’s license required.
- Ability to perform physical work on a daily basis.
- Knowledge of equipment, tools, and procedures of grounds construction and care.
- Knowledge of fertilizers, insecticides, and herbicides used in grounds care and gardening.
- Skill in operating grounds maintenance and grounds construction equipment.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Computer Applications: