This position will work with the Best Chance Network and WISEWOMAN programs of the Division of Cancer Prevention and Control. This position will be responsible for:
1. Updates made daily to the authorization report and e-mails to appropriate staff and maintains HIPAA compliance.
2. Responds to requests from providers for authorization or cancellation of services through the authorization fax or phone line and maintains HIPAA compliance.
3. Transfers authorization codes in Med-IT and on the authorization report as requested by program director and maintain program compliance.
4. Review all authorization requests for accuracy or entry into Med-IT and maintains HIPAA compliance.
5. Performs other duties that allow the BCN and WISEWOMAN program to function smoothly.
6. Participate in all Cancer Division staff meetings.
Minimum and Additional Requirements:
High School diploma and a minimum of three (3) years professional experience keying data entry of clinical information.
Two (2) years of data entry experience entering data for the Best Chance Network; and two (2) years experience using Med-IT data system.
Although this is a temporary grant position, this position is eligible to receive benefits afforded a permanent employee such as health insurance, annual leave and retirement.
This position is funded by temporary grant funds. At any time during the temporary grant period your services may be terminated with the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC). At the time of termination, DHEC has no obligation to offer further employment nor will you have grievance and appeal rights.