Spanish Language-Part Time Faculty
The Montgomery College
World Languages Department,
is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a
part-time faculty member teaching
We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis.
Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs.
Spanish Part-time Faculty
- Takoma Park/Silver Springs/Rockville/Germantown
- The listing of a course in the schedule of classes as “TBA” does not constitute an assignment.
- The hiring decision for part-time faculty involves an academic judgment and shall be determined at Management’s sole discretion.
- During the academic year part-time faculty at Montgomery College may teach
no more than 11.5 ESH
(equivalent semester hour)
no more than 23 ESH per academic year.
faculty at Montgomery College may teach
no more than 10 ESH (equivalent semester hour) for both sessions combined.
- Compensation for initial salary placement as a new part-time faculty member at Montgomery College is currently
$870.83 per ESH
(Equivalent Semester Hour)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spanish adjunct faculty may teach up to 9 ESH of Spanish classes per semester, depending on the need of the department.
- In addition to teaching, Spanish adjunct faculty members hold office hours and attend World Language and/or department meetings when necessary.
- A minimum of Masters degree in Spanish (Literature, Linguistics or Second. Language Acquisition) or related field in the language.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Experience teaching college level Spanish courses.
- Experience with technology in the classroom.
Notes about the application process:
- Completion of a background check.
- Submission of an official transcript of an earned degree;
- Submission of three letters of professional reference
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free workplace.
- The application process includes 10 steps.
- Step 10 is a Summary of your information..
- For consideration, you must:
- include dates of employment in your application or attachment;
- complete a set of pre-screening questions (Step 4);
- failure to complete the pre-screening questions or to e-sign your; application will automatically result in your elimination from consideration for this position, and
- e-sign your application (Step 9)
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to:
Montgomery College is an academic institution that is committed to equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Montgomery College - 17 months ago