The Landman III handles all facets of land work associated with well clearing and surface issues related to the Company's drilling program in specific geographic area. Responsibilities include the following:
- Work closely with land agents in the well clearing process including damage settlements, leasing, mapping, and coordinate with drilling to meet the company's plan
- Work closely with land agents and provide information to the coal liaison to facilitate obtaining coal approved well, pipeline, and road locations
- Clear well locations, access roads, well pipelines, power lines and works with land contract personnel within a specific geographic area
- Obtain Highway encroachment and Stream Crossing permits as needed
- Obtain Highway working permits including local road use permits
- Work closely with surveying, permitting, geology and drilling personnel during the initial staking and field checks
- Notify and obtain drilling clearance from surface and mineral owners
- Negotiate damage and landowner settlements
- Handle surface owner issues relating to new and existing wells and pipeline and ROW acquisition
- Research courthouse records to ascertain surface and mineral ownership of well sites, access roads and pipeline ROW, and
- Participate as a member of a development team for a geographic area.
- Knowledge and understanding of Kentucky regulatory requirements
- Possess good mapping skills including use of AutoCAD
- Demonstrated knowledge in reviewing certified title and acquiring the necessary curative if required
- Ability to research, plan and work with little to no supervision and work across functional teams
- Ability to participate as a member of the development team
- Must be familiar with coal industry in Kentucky. Possess the ability to communicate with industry representatives to obtain approvals and negotiate any concerns.
Grade17 - This job is part of a career ladder.
***THIS JOB IS ELIGIBLE FOR AN EMPLOYEE REFERRAL REWARD OF $$$.***
- Bachelor's degree in land management or a related field
- At least six (6) years of related experience
- An equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must have experience in the mining industry
EQT Corporation - 7 months ago
Integrated natural gas company EQT Corporation (formerly Equitable Resources) hopes to get its fair share of the natural gas market....