Sr. Requirements Analyst - Premix & Nutrition
Cargill is a unique place to grow your career, your experience and your abilities.
Every day, we grow our reputation as a leading international producer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services. We take pride in our global reach, ability to contribute, and strong work ethics and values.
Founded in 1865, Cargill is a privately held company and employs 142,000 people in 65 countries with annual revenues in excess of $133.9 billion. Through innovation, creativity and teamwork, we are transforming entire markets and
people’s lives worldwide, and we can have the same impact on your career. Discover how we can be Better Together at www.cargill.com.
Cargill Premix & Nutrition develops customized animal nutrition products and services for customers primarily focused on ruminants, poultry and swine. With 56 production centers in 24 countries, we provide technical services, technology licensing, software and management services to customers.
Brands include Provimi®, Akey®, Vigortone®, Citura®, Neolait®, Nutral® and Nutron®.
We are seeking a
Sr. Requirements Analyst
with behaviors that will blend with a strong business culture of integrity, respect for others, passion for success, and a commitment to serve. The Sr. Requirements Analyst will elicit, analyze and document software requirements. This position is currently located in Brooklyn Center, MN; beginning December, 2012, the position will be based in Hopkins, MN, and could also be based in Fargo, ND.
Telecommuting or Flexible Work Arrangements may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Assist product management in the creation of business requirements by communicating with customers, users, and business stakeholders to determine what their requirements are (eliciting requirements) - 10%
Analyze business requirements to determine the stated requirements are clear, complete, unambiguous, feasible, and non-contradictory, resolving any deficiencies during the process - 25%
Document requirements by creating high level functional requirements and detailed use cases - 40%
Manage requirements including revisions, delivery, and on-going communication - 10%
Facilitate requirements sessions with business stakeholders, subject matter experts, and development team - 10%
Create test requirements and perform testing - 5%
- Bachelors Degree, or equivalent work experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 7 years experience developing detailed requirements for software solutions
- Experience developing requirements for commercially available software
- Experience facilitating group discussions to elicit requirements
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong technical background and experience with any or all of the following technologies and architectures: service oriented architecture, web services, databases, modeling and/or distributed computing
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong business background including business process, financial and/or supply chain
- Strong industry background including; process manufacturing, animal nutrition and/or grain
- Significant hands on experience with at least one feed formulation system in day-to-day operations
- Strong organizational skills
- Able to work independently and collaborate cross-functionally in a team environment
- Able to lead colleagues to accomplish tasks of the Requirements Team
- Ability to travel up to 20%, domestic or international
Cargill is an EEO/AA employer.
- Experience with agile software development lifecycle
- Significant hands on experience with Brill® Formulation in day-to-day operations
- Bachelors Degree, or in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or Engineering
- Masters Degree in Animal Science or Animal Nutrition or equivalent work experience
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Together with farmers, customers,...