Maxim Healthcare is currently looking for a Medical Assistant to work on a long term contract with the Los Angeles Department of Public Health. All interested candidates must have a minimum of two years paid experience. All applicants must be well versed with a strong office skill set including a strong insurance and claims background. This position is Monday through Friday days, with some traveling required.
• Interview patients, measures vital signs, such as pulse rate, temperature, blood pressure, weight, and height and records information on patient’s charts.
• Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
• Drapes patients with covering and positions instruments and equipment.
• Hand instruments and materials to doctor as directed.
• Cleans and sterilizes instruments.
• Inventories and orders medical supplies and materials.
• Operates x-ray, electrocardiograph (EKG), and other equipment to administer routine diagnostic test or calls medical facility or department to schedule patients for tests.
• Gives injections or treatments, and performs routine laboratory tests.
• Schedules appointments, receives money for bills, keeps x-ray and other medical records, performs secretarial tasks, and completes insurance forms.
May also include:
• May key data into computer to maintain office and patient records.
• May keep billing records, enter financial transactions into bookkeeping ledgers and computer, and mail monthly statements to patients.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or its equivalent.
• Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
• Good telephone communication skills.
• Knowledge of medical terminology.
• Knowledge of medical procedures.
• Knowledge of clerical functions.
• Current CPR card.
• Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
• Current Health Certificate (if applicable).
• Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant program; certification preferred.
• Minimum of one year relevant experience preferred.
• Relevant certification/ license if applicable.
• Successful completion of the Maxim screening exam with a score of 80% or greater.
• Must meet all of Maxim’s pre-employment screening requirements
Maxim employees are our greatest asset. We offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
• 401k Program
• Competitive Pay
• Flexible Scheduling
• Direct Deposit
• Positive Work Environment and Internal Bonuses
• Travel Benefits (as applicable)
• 24 hour on- call service
Since 1988, Maxim Healthcare Services has become one of the largest employers of clinicians in the nation. At Maxim Staffing Solutions, a division of Maxim Healthcare Services, we’re known for our quality of patient care, commitment to employee development and emphasis on customer service. Maxim knows that you deserve great benefits, flexible scheduling and rewarding assignments, so our Healthcare Recruiters will match your skills, experience and schedule in order to find you the best assignments in top medical facilities. Maxim Recruiters are always available to provide you with the assistance you need to get your job done, so call us today; Maxim has a solution for you.