The Well Site Leader (WSL) reports directly to the Operations Superintendant for each specific asset. The WSL is responsible at the well site for all related well activities with the goal of meeting or exceeding the Drilling Performance Contract. Each rig/operation will have a day and a night WSL/coordinator, working nominally 12-hour shifts. Each WSL will work 2 weeks on the slope, then will have 2 weeks off.
Safety: The WSL leads by example. This person must be a true leader in every aspect of safety and environmental performance. STOP, SOCs, Traction, and other systems are used to aid the WSL in driving excellence. The WSL is expected to perform one SOC per day at a minimum, participate in investigations, assure actions are closed out, set expectations and assure third parties on location work to the standards set. This is a key area of competence for a successful WSL.
People: the WSL is to develop and work a team on the work site for safe execution of the work program. Teamwork is the key to delivering HSE and operational performance. The WSL will be responsible to use the Beyond The Best practices to engage the team systematically and to assure a diverse range of input and to include all members.
Performance: The WSL must ensure compliance with all Company and Government policies and regulations. The WSL must be current in Well Control Training and will participate in Emergency Management training. Risk assessments at the work site are completed for all non-routine operations. All required HSE training will be taken. Operations data is entered into the DIMS/AWGRS database daily. The WSL tracks costs and provides efficient cost management. Innovation is also a key to driving continuous improvement.
The duties and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Insure that the workforce is competent
- Maintain that all work is controlled, risks and hazards identified and properly mitigated
- Step-in and take action where gaps are observed
To be considered for this role, applicants must have the following qualifications:
- Leading People - Promotes open & effective communication - Skillful Application
- Leading People - Uses a range of styles to influence and gain enrolment - Skillful Application
- Leading People – Possesses a high degree of capability to deliver Safe and Compliant wells in Rig (CTD, RWO, Rotary) or Well
- Partnership and Teamwork - Builds networks to enhance effectiveness and share knowledge – Mastery
- Leads teams towards solutions to problems from their vast experience
- Rig Operations must possess Well Control Competency of level four or higher
- Fifteen or more years of experience
In addition to the required qualifications, the successful applicant is likely to be able to demonstrate the following:
- Fundamentals of Well Intervention - Design & Implementation - Basic Application
- Business Fundamentals - Performance Management - Skillful Application
- Business Fundamentals - Budget / AFE Development and Cost Management - Skillful Application
- College degree is not mandatory
We Encourage you to apply now using the button below.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password
Back to Search Results
Moody International, Inc. - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard